Thursday, March 25, 2010

rainy days














































you know when you're a kid and you just love spring break? you look forward to it as soon as christmas is over, anticipating that glorious week of sunshine and no school. well, as soon as you have children who attend school you grow to hate spring break. ok, so i don't hate it, but boy am i ready for monday! the weather has been bad, only one nice day all week and the little one and i are starting to get stabby.
on a happier note, i got this lovely khaki tunic shirt from little ocean annie. i was going to save it until it got warmer, but then a lightbulb went off in my head this morning whilst getting dressed. i can wear this with a shirt under it and look totally rad! and so that's what i did. i love this top. and i can just imagine a hundred different ways to style it. thanks, annie, for getting it here so fast!!
and the saga with the dudes across the way continues. i saw a light on in their kitchen. i went out anyway and took my pictures and just dared them to stare at me and make fun. i would look into their window and see if they were peering at me. i almost hoped they would so that i could show them that i didn't care that they could see me. i'm such a maverick.
details:
top-little ocean annie
shirt-thrifted, banana republic
jeans-topshop
boots-vintage, ebay

16 comments:

Emma Fick said...

You go girl, show those college boys who's boss! Haha. This tunic looks great layered over a long sleeve shirt, and you're right, it's versatile--you can wear it a hundred different ways.

Annie, The Friendly Fox said...

Oh, I LOVE how you styled this!! It looks super cute on you. I'm glad it's getting some love after sitting in my closet for a year! You look so great!

Lexie said...

definitely a great styling choice! i love the stripes + khaki!

Meggstatus said...

Oh I love this sleeveless trench, it just screams spring. I've listen to so many of my customers say the exact same thing about spring break, so I'm sure it's true!

You will get used to them peeking at you soon enough!

kate maggie said...

I love this! Thank goodness annie sent this to you - its such a darling peice! Looks so good on you..especially with the stripes. I loved this post too, I laughed about the boys. I hope they saw you too! you're a brave soul. :)

Jessica said...

this is super cute! I loved how you layered the striped top underneath. Really love those boots, too!

Jessica said...

You look lovely! I love the details at the neckline. Very pretty.

Amanda said...

Ha I love reading about your tribulations with those guys!

This outfit is lovely :]

Avalonne Hall said...

I love the beige vest. I love neutral color. I need more neutrals and pastels in my closet PLEASE! Hehe. You look so amazing. The weather is so dreary in London, can't wait to return to somewhat sunny San Francisco. Love the knee high boots too!

cadencesmama said...

super cute =)

Anonymous said...

You ARE a maverick! And I'm your Goose :) Love what you've done with the tunic! Only you could make it look so awesome :)
~ megan

Anonymous said...

You styled this PERFECTLY. Seriously, giiirl. You have killer style & amazing hair. :)


MELANIELIKES.BLOGSPOT.COM
Follow?<3

Kimberellie said...

LOL! You maverick! Though one does just have to go for it sometimes, doesn't one?

I love this outfit. Perfection. That top is totally wicked.

heart:

purplestinkindogtoy.blogspot.com

chicfaced said...

they're probably more afraid of you than you are of them....pretty girl in cute clothes >>>> a bunch of smelly college guys scared of pretty girl in cute clothes

Starr Crow said...

GENIUS move with the top. it looks great with the stripes. i'm with ya on the maverick moves too. i used to stop when people watched me, now i just go about my business and laugh at the fact that they're stopping to stare. it's so silly and weird that everyone is so nosy!

i hear ya on the spring break thing too. I just got back in school this semester, so i'm happy to be on break, but when I wasn't in school I hated things like snow days (days you love when your in school) because they kept me from doing things i needed to do. you probably arent getting much work done with the little one around, huh.

thanks for your support with my whole situation too. Everyone has been so great about it, and it's quite inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I love this look!