Wednesday, March 17, 2010

irish spring














































happy st. patrick's day everyone! i am wearing my only green garment to celebrate. and the weather is celebrating as well. it is cold, dreary, and misty. not unlike a typical irish spring day, i should think. and yes, i do use that soap.
my skirt is a riot. there are embroidered white horses frolicking all over it. i bought it for the shop and it has just hung on the rack for a long time. i dropped the price and still no takers. i realize not everyone is into horse skirts but it is pretty adorable, no? well, last weekend i decided to bring it home and show it some love. the skirt was longer and maybe that's why no one bought it. i just chopped it, didn't even bother to put in a hem, and threw on my trusty boots, striped shirt, and green sweater and called it good. i love my horsey skirt!
do you remember the part of 'sleepless in seattle' when meg ryan is in the car singing 'jingle bells' (i think that's the song) and she starts saying 'harses, harses, harses' (which is horses with a funny accent)? this reminds me of that scene. i know, i'm weird.
details:
boots-vintage
skirt-thrifted or vintage not sure because i think it was handmade
shirt-rodarte for target
sweater-thrifted, ellen tracy

13 comments:

acute angle said...

HAH! I lurve the horsey skirt!! I like it short! Part of me almost wants to see it a tiny bit shorter! If you ever decide to hem it up I think it will be the perfect length (personal feelings of course). I just discovered hemming tape. It has CHANGED MY LIFE!! Sewing takes me forever... but I can iron like a mad-man! Just a little water, an iron, some of the magic tape and BLAMO!! HEM!

:)

amanda said...

i should try the tape. thanks for the tip. i always end up either with a too long or too short skirt. i don't know what my problem is with that. but when i do hem this, i think it will be perfect. i literally cut it, put it on, and walked out the door! of course it does look kinda cool all stringy and stuff at the bottom. like punk equestrian or something:) maybe i should chop it a bit shorter and leave it be. hmmm, there's a thought.

calivintage said...

i have been totally loving your outfits lately! definitely becoming a fast fan of your blog! :) :) :)

Meggstatus said...

This is exactly why I bought the dress... it has a 90's grunge vibe to it.. if only I had a pair of doc martens to complete the look.

I would have grabbed this skirt immediately, I just adore quirky animal printed fabrics.

Amanda said...

I love the horsey skirt! Seriously, I feel like I only have one green item of clothing too...I don't know how that happened, since green is one of my best colors.

kate maggie said...

I love that skirt so much! I have a thing for clothes with horse patterns on them. I used to have this shirt with little horses all over it and I was so in love. This reminded me of that in the best way. You always look so so good..and these colors are amazing on you! I love your sweater!

Emma Fick said...

Aww, too bad no one could see the beauty waiting to be released in the form of a horse skirt. I think it's wonderful! And I adoooore the green color of your sweater.

Kimberellie said...

LOVE the skirt. I SO would have bought it had I wandered into your shop! This outfit is awesome. Seriously, though, that's all you have for green? I have tons of green (surprisingly I wore none of it today!).

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't bother to hem clothes!!

ssmall4 said...

It IS adorable! I really love this outfit! Blues greens browns stripes and horses are my faves. Love it!

Anonymous said...

The skirt is great! I love horses and would like to wear that :) also really like the cozy looking green sweater and the boots! Cute!

Wanderlusting Fool said...

just came across your blog ~ love it. You make white embroidered horse skirts so chic. love this outfit.

will be following :)

Wanderlusting Fool

Jessica said...

This is SO adorable. I love the prints together.

merl said...

Put it back in the shop asap. Please n thank you.