Tuesday, March 23, 2010

displaced























ok, so some guys moved into the apartment that is across from our deck. not a big deal so much except that's where i take my outfit pictures and i feel very strange having some college dudes watching while i strike my rad poses. oh the nerve!!!
however, today was lovely. well it started out horrible because i couldn't find anything to wear and got stressed out and blah, blah, blah. but then the boys and i met up for lunch and it was a wonderful day from then on out. we went to a pakistani/indian hole in the wall with the yummiest food ever! it's served buffet style and you ladle up some curried goodness from crock pots. there is zero atmosphere but the food more than makes up for it. then after matt went back to work, the little boy and i went to do some shopping. i was able to sell some clothes that i was tired of and spend the rest frivolously. so fun. i got a really great gold belt with two horse heads on the buckle. i haven't actually tried it on but in my mind it looks fantastic!
and can i talk about my headband? it is made by a very sweet young lady that lives here in town but also has an etsy store. she contacted me about putting some of her fascinators in my shop and i jumped at the chance. she's very talented and i just love the one that i picked out. if you'd like to, you should go to her etsy and see what she does. it's called natalo.
alright, well thanks for visiting me today, now go and enjoy your evening (or morning or afternoon)!
details:
skirt-lux, urban outfitters
tee-american apparel
fascinator-natalo

11 comments:

Meggstatus said...

I totally understand. I take my pictures behind the store I work at and all the the guys from the mexican restaurant next door always hoot and holler. I'm getting more and more used to it though!

First of all that headband is amazing and secondly, I and so jealous of your shoes. They are perfect summer sandals!

Avalonne Hall said...

Well you put together a simple yet very lovely outfit! I have those days when I feel completely uninspired and can't seem to find the right outfit for the day. But you did! You're so pretty yourself, my dear :) I'll be posting lots of photos from my london trip asap :)

cadencesmama said...

i love your shoes! where are they from?

Lexie said...

i love the simplicity of this look .. the headband really seals the deal!

Kimberellie said...

Love this look. So cool the skirt and the belt. Love those headbands!

I know the stressfulness of not knowing what to wear! It is so frustrating esp. with a little one and wanting to get ready quick!

heart:

purplestinkindogtoy.blogspot.com

kate maggie said...

Love the skirt and that headband....beauty!

Amanda said...

I lovelovelove your skirt!
Oh man, the same thing happened today when I was taking pictures at the park. Some frat boys just posted up at a bench that was too close for comfort. Out of the vast expanse of park...they had to choose that bench?! :D

Rosie said...

Great skirt and I love those wedges!

Starr Crow said...

you look darling, as does that headpiece your sporting. i think you've done a lovely job at showing it off for your local friends. i'm definitely gonna check out their shop!

Elleni said...

I love this look - and all your others! So glad I found your blog. Check out mine when you have a minute: ellenitza. I think you'll like it too. I've added you to my roll.

Jessica said...

So cute! I need a skirt like that. Really love your headband too. Pretty, pretty!