Saturday, March 27, 2010

beside myself

























look how mavericky i am now! i asked matt to take pictures of me in the street beside our house. ok, in all honesty, i wanted to take them on the sidewalk and he suggested we do them in the middle of the street. yes, it was all his idea. and yes, people looked, and i did feel a bit strange, but i did it anyway and it was fun!
today, we set out to do a little thrifting and running errands and such. hopefully, i'll be updating the store tomorrow if i get all my stuff done by then. i got a few super cool things.
and did you guys see the front page of chictopia?!?!?!?!? well, if not, i took a snap shot of it for you. this morning, i got up and checked my email on my phone like i always do while waiting for the coffee to brew. i had a lot of emails. so after i ate breakfast i looked at the computer and i was all confused. like, did it just send me straight to my blog? what's going on? and then my sleepy head figured it out!!! i thought the front page was only for super cool awesome people. i don't know what they were thinking putting a silly girl like me on there. i totally don't deserve it but i am beside myself with giddiness. thanks so much to all of you who listen to me, vote for me, comment on me, follow me, and generally like me. i am blessed. for so many reasons, but this is one really neat reason.
details:
jeans-bdg, uo
shoes-vintage, leproust vintage, etsy
shirt-vintage, etsy



17 comments:

Tanvi said...

I like the top. The colors are so nice .. Coralsss! Thanks for dropping by my blog :)

Jessica said...

Aw, congrats on chictopia! That's awesome, lady.

Seval said...

oh that top is amazing! and i see that yesterday's top is very alike? ah gorgeous! By the way, I've seen you on chictopia frontpage, loved your style and started to follow :) Hello from Istanbul, Turkey!!!

Meggstatus said...

First of all, congradulations on Chictopia, you totally deserve it!

Second of all I'm proud you went out in the street to take pictures!!! Next thing you know, you're going to be taking them on the side of a really busy street. :)

Third, I live in Newport Beach California. So if your ever in the area let me know and a shopping trip will definitely have to happen!

Phyllis said...

congrats on chictopia! i love those sandals -they look so comfy but still put together!

kate maggie said...

Look at you! :) Busting out pictures everywhere. Congrats on Chictopia!!<3 well deserved. You look great. Love the jeans. x

Anonymous said...

You are officially street style now, Mav :) Love when Matt takes your pic and you smile big like Tom Cruise in the volleyball scene. You look great on the cover of websites!!!

~ megan

Amanda said...

Congrats! Haha, when I saw it I was like "hey, I know her!!" It was kinda awesome :]

I love how chic and casual you always look!

Anonymous said...

wahoo CONGRATS! You look WAY CuTe in this outfit!

Starr Crow said...

YOU DO DESERVE IT! congrats lady. Love these extra courageous street photos too. pretty plaid in the perfect pastels for spring!

Jen said...

The jeans = F A B U L O U S!!

I love fashion posts like this. Love, love, love 'em :-)

Lexie said...

congrats on the chictopia feature! ever since i saw you on calivintage, i have been eagerly awaiting updates! your style is so great!

i love the vintage tops that button asymmetrically! too cute.

Kimberellie said...

AH!!!!! SO AWESOME! I came right by as soon as I saw you were on the front page! That is SO COOL! Congrats! You ARE a super cool awesome person!!

Yea for you!!

Emma Fick said...

Congratulations, you deserve it! You pull off plaid better than basically anyone. Must learn! Must learn!

Kristin said...

WOW! I am in love with this outfit! It is such a perfect spring outfit! These pictures are perfect timing...I am doing a post with leproust purchases on their new owners on Wednesday. May I use this photo? I will, of course, link to you! :)

Avalonne Hall said...

Congrats on being on the front page of chictopia! I was super stoked when I was featured on the front page a few weeks back :) Woo, high five. I do love this outfit. Love the colors of your plaid shirt :) Perfect combination of spring colors!

Annalise said...

I'm not surprised you were on the front page. Your blog is so much fun!
XOXO