Tuesday, March 9, 2010

everyone knows it's windy














































by the way, i do realize that is not how the song goes. but maybe you don't even know what i'm talking about.
here's a fun story for you. this morning was sunny and luminous. but it was very very windy, well it still is. anyway, i went running with a friend of mine which is such a treat because i rarely get to have company. there is this lovely trail that goes along the creek and around the university here and we were heading up the path almost to our stopping point. then all of a sudden there was this gale force wind that swept through and we could hear some cracking above us. oh my goodness, a huge limb from the top of a tree right off the path broke off from the trunk and came crashing down. thankfully we were running together and not wearing earphones like we would if we were alone. when we saw what was about to happen, we sprinted out of the way and just barely made it out unscathed. i know, pretty crazy stuff. it's scary out there.
ok, so that's really about it. i wish i had something super meaningful to say, but i just don't. i only had a silly story about almost getting impaled with a tree limb. it did serve as an extra adrenaline rush, which is good for the metabolism.
details:
sweater-vintage
dress-h&m
tights-sears
boots-mel

9 comments:

Kristin said...

These photos are SO gorgeous! I love the background with the color palette of your outfit!

Starr Crow said...

that sounds like some final destination madness to me! how lucky that you had a friend with you today.

You look absolutely adorable, still loving those boots too. i have a cardi like yours that I wear ALL the time, like seriously too much, but I love it so much I can't stop. I wish mine had pockets like your though. :)

Kimberellie said...

lol. I love how the adrenoline rush is good for the metabolism! That's a crazy story! And I love your outfit. It makes me feel warm and cozy just looking at it! The matching tights and boots!! And that colour! It is very New Waterford Girl -esque (a very fun Canadian movie which features great 70s style).

heart: Kimberellie

purplestinkindogtoy.blogspot.com

Emma Fick said...

Eeeee! I adore the color palette. ALSO I almost bought a sweater that looked ridiculously similar to that one this past weekend. Now I wish I had! FIE!

Anonymous said...

You are rockin' those boots, I love them with the tights! Sounds like you got your sprints in :)

Krislyn said...

i adore those tights! the little detailing makes the outfit so outstanding and you're so pretty!

chicfaced said...

nothing like a close call with being impaled to get you through the rest of your workout, no?

I like your tights and when I saw they were from Sears, I was even more impressed. Sears! Way-to-go.
xo, Megan

Beth said...

just stumbled on to your blog, and how adorable are you!?

love the outfit in this and many other posts. ♥

whensparksflyup.blogspot.com

Allison said...

I adore that sweater! So cute. And thanks for adding some items at my shop to your favorites! That means tons.