Sunday, May 9, 2010

mother's day

mother's day1
first off i want to wish all of you moms out there a happy mother's day!
mother's day2
mother's day3
mother's day6
mother's day7
i started out my morning with not having to wake up early! that in itself is awesome, but it gets better. matt brought me a hot cup of coffee and then sent isaiah in with a card he made himself and a magazine for me to read in bed. then i got a delicious mimosa (and then another and then another) along with some chocolate truffles as a gift. and then matt started making my breakfast which consisted of strawberries and homemade whipped cream and french toast. it was so yummy!! matt really knows how to make me feel special. all while this was going on, i was listening to lionel richie on my iphone. i love lionel. you all should go ahead and know that now. if he ever comes around here in concert i am totally going. me and a ton of middle aged ladies. anyway, there was another gift that i am going to keep a secret for now. if you follow me on twitter then you may already know what it is, so if you do, then keep quiet! i will show you all tomorrow! it deserves it's own special post.
mother's day8mother's day5mother's day4 and here is my sweet little boy. he's a hand full but i wouldn't have it any other way. i'm such a lucky lady.
details:
jacket-ebay
dress-vintage (and will maybe go in the etsy store soon)
belt-vintage
shoes-cynthia vincent for target

16 comments:

Carys said...

Sounds like a lovely day! Such sweet pictures, and great outfit too!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Amanda said...

Your son is so awesome, I love his pose! Happy Mother's Day! I'm glad you are having such an amazing, and relaxing!, day:]

Ana said...

Love the pictures of you two together, incredibly sweet. Also love your shoes :o)

Ana said...

Love the pictures of you two together, incredibly sweet. Also love your shoes :o)

Annalise said...

I didn't know you were a mom. Isaiah is a lucky boy! You both look great. '
XOXO

Kimberellie said...

:-) What a GREAT morning you had!! Lucky lady you are! Your son is super cute! And I adore this outfit!

Idée Géniale said...

Aww, happy momma's day to you ! Can't wait for tomorrow's post! wink wink.

merl said...

I echo Mel's wink wink.. you look so happy and glow-y in these photos.. I'm glad your boys treated you so well today, because AZ is a long way to come kick some sense into them if they had slacked ;) xxxxo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous time (especially the mimosas), I'm so happy for you!! You are such a chic mom, I'm just so digging the dress with the bomber jacket. And your little boy is the perfect accessory - haha jk! He is so adorable :)

maggeygrace said...

AWWW :)

that is all so sweet.

You are such a stylish momma!!!

I didn't know until now that you were a mommy, and I find that adorable :) Your son is soooo cute!

By the way, after looking at these pictures, I have decided you look A LOT like Summer from 500 days of summer!

I hope you had a good rest of the day :) Love your vintage dress and the leather with that color of teal. chic!

Meggstatus said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! You're one of the cutest mom's I have ever seen, second to mine of course.

Destined For Now said...

Such cute pictures of you and your son! Happy Mother's Day.

kate maggie said...

Happy Mothers Day!!! Aw, wow! I didnt know that you were a mom. What a stunner of a mom you are. You are so inspiring! Hope you have had an amazing day..excited to hear about your suprise. x

megannielsen said...

That does sound like a great day! And you look gorgeous to boot!

Anonymous said...

Happy post Mother's Day Amanda! You are blessed with such a loving family! Sounds like a wonderful day.

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

I love love love your shoes!! so cute!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com