Thursday, May 6, 2010

au naturale

denim3
isn't the light in these photos so cool? i think they kinda are. almost dream like. i took these early this morning, like at 8:30 (yeah that's early for me, remember i'm lazy) and the sun hadn't come over the top of my building quite yet but was kind of peeking over. i should maybe take pictures this early more often. oh, wait, probably not.
denim2
denim
so now, in reference to my title, i am not wearing makeup. i don't wear a ton but it does make a difference in my face. i guess it's a good thing that the pics are a little hazy. but anyway, this is my regular face and my regular hair. didn't do anything to it after waking up, just ran my fingers through my bangs. usually my hair doesn't survive the night quite this well, so i was lucky in that. so why was i up so early and dressed but not wearing any makeup or doing a thing to my hair, you ask? nothing exciting. i didn't put anything on my face because i was going running right after that and i didn't do my hair because it would just go up in a ponytail in a few minutes. i just knew that i'd not have time to take pictures today after my run so i did them early.
and yes i'm wearing my cv's again. love these shoes. i feel a bit 80s in this, especially with the crazy hair and the tied shirt front. brings me back to my youth. well except that i didn't wear 4 inch platforms back then, but whatevs.
details:
skirt-vintage jordache, etsy
shirt-thrifted old navy
shoes-cv for target, ebay

10 comments:

Estefany @ The Helmet Head said...

I am in love with your shoes!! I can't even tell you're not wearing make up (that's a good thing).

-Karla

Amelia said...

the light early in the morning is wonderful, unfortunately i am too lazy to normally sample it. the colours on your shoes are so lovely and i like your tied denim top very much indeedy.

from amelia of la ville inconnue

Cindy Van Dyck said...

Hay dear blogger!
How are you? It's the first time that I visit your blog and I love it! Great style and pictures!

Please, check my blog and maybe we can follow eachother!

Love, Cindy.

Lexie said...

i had to take a picture of myself without makeup or hair styling today and i looked terrrrible! you look gorgeous ... and you have a teeny waist! i really should take up running again. and stop eating these jelly beans.

Starr Crow said...

i totally agree. the hazy tint to these photos works out great! i love the wall behind you and those killer shoes on your feet.

Kimberellie said...

You look beautiful au natural! And I love this outfit. The skirt is so perfect with the tied front top!

Carys said...

I love your outfit, and the light in those photos is very beautiful. Also, I admire you for being awake and looking so nice at such an early hour, I consider that in itself quite an achievement. Lovely post!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Anonymous said...

I'm totally jealous. Late nights and early mornings have given me some AWESOME under eye circles. Yeah, they're really hot.

Love your top, btw. I desperately need one.

UnravelledThreads
Don't forget to enter my custom elastic waistband skirt giveaway!

merl said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR.


your pins? besides making me want to seriously look into leg transplants, make running seem bearable. except that no matter how much I run, calf muscles are NOT in my future. trust me.. Years of calf raises in high school taught me that. I also forgive you your lack of hips..mostly. And get outta hurrr with the no makeup, no styling, au friggin natuRAL photos.. you're my idol. now knock it off, you're making the rest of us look bad.

xo.

Anonymous said...

I seriously wish I could wear my shirts tied like this everyday. I love how it looks on you, and I LOVE it with platforms (especially ones as special and colorful as those). You look amazing au natural, just so gorgeous!!!!!!!!!