Wednesday, May 12, 2010

hello, is it me you're looking for?

shorts1
shorts2
i am still kind of on a high at being featured yesterday, mostly because so many of you have decided to stick around. which is super fun and i hope i can live up to your expectations. i can be kinda boring and/or rambly sometimes. you may have to sift through some of the trash to get to the good stuff :)
shorts3
shorts4
shorts5
ok so the weather has been crap for the last few days. it was unseasonably cold and now it is humid and sticky and hazy and warm. the kind of weather that clings to you. yeah, pretty gross. that's where this outfit comes in. it was easy and covered as little as possible. i never wear anything spaghetti strappy because of a huge birthmark on my back. like it's the size of my hand and kind of a light pink color. i've always been super self-conscious about it and so i always keep it covered. that's why i have the cardigan. i like the outfit better without it but, well, you know. and the scarf is from goodwill. i love the colors in it and it's super soft. i love scarves in the winter and am just now getting into summer scarves. although i can't seem to get one to stay around my head like so many of you wear it. either my head is oddly shaped (likely) or i'm just not doing it right (also likely). anyone have a tried and true way to tie a scarf around the head?
oh, and i bought a new lionel richie album. yay!! (and my title is part of a song if you didn't realize)
see i told you i could be rambly.
alright, heading out but thanks again to all my new friends. hope you all have a fabulous day!
details:
shoes-lower east side, ebay
shorts-talbots, goodwill
tank-i don't know, i've had it forever
scarf-goodwill
necklace-etsy
cardigan-target brand, thrifted

18 comments:

megannielsen said...

I love this whole outfit! I know what you mean about birthmark issues. I never show my back because of it either... I guess that's probably one of the reasons why I always wear my hair so long

chicfaced said...

I dig what you're doing with that scarf, lady.

Also, can I ask - do you get people in your shop who ask you questions in a way that makes you feel like you're in a job interview, defending your decision to have a shop in the first place? Man, people are inquisitive!

Annie, The Friendly Fox said...

That scarf is super awesome! Aah, don't we all have our own insecurities! You are so gorgeous, love, and have I told you yet that your legs are KILLER? Well, they are.

L. said...

i actually really love this outfit with the cardigan, it sort of ties it all together. Perfect for a cool summer evening.

Betty Noir

Avalonne Hall said...

I like the scarf and your shoes, I need a pair like that. Ooooh. Yeah I hate the weather in San Francisco too. It was downpouring on Monday... then super sunny and warm yesterday and now cloudy today. Eeeep. Hope the weather gets better over there :)

Lisa said...

That scarf is so beautiful. I love how you draped it. Congrats on the feature!

Kelly said...

Cute scarf! And the feature was lovely! :)

-Kelly
Sequins & Shadows

Anonymous said...

This outfit is outstanding. I actually like it both with and without the cardi.

Melanie@Unravelled Threads

Zoƫ said...

I hate to sound like a creep, but I think any birth-mark lookers will be immediately distracted by your perfect. freaking. legs.

Seriously.

Again, not trying to be creepy.

Destined For Now said...

Pretty scarf! I love the colors.

C said...

This outfit is so supremely wonderful! And that scarf...oh, that scarf! Fantastic.

Lyndsey said...

the scarf just sums up the entire outfit completely! you look amazing, and i'm sorry about the weird weather, it's been like that here lately as well. i hate waring spaghetti straps too, but it's just because i have flabby yucky arms. anyways i love the rambly days so much better than the 'i have nothing to say' kind of days lol. sorry for the long comment, love the outfit doll and congrats for being featured on your style icon's website!! yayyyy :D

Lexie said...

i love your scarf! i don't wear strappy things often because i have acne scars on my back (ooo the joys of puberty) ... i think they're mostly faded, but i still get so self-conscious!

Meggstatus said...

I think the song in your titles is one of the best songs every in a really bad song sort of way (if that makes any sense at all). Congratulations on the feature girl!

Anonymous said...

I love those shorts! They remind me of "Op" shorts. How I would love to get my hands on some of them :)

Girl, you are so not boring!! I loved LOVED the interview! You are such an inspiration to so many!!

And personally, I think birthmarks are the coolest thing ever.. They are like free tattoos and no one else in the world has the same one.

Breezer said...

I love the scarf, as well as the whole outfit.

And yes, I did realize the post title was from a song because now it's stuck in my head. Haha!

Love you blog. Just found it today!

Kimberellie said...

I can't seem to do the scarf around the head thing either. LOVE this outfit though. I really like it with the cardi actually. But then, I'm addicted to cardigans.

Kendi Lea said...

this is so adorable! That scarf is amazingly cute.