Monday, May 24, 2010

she's got eyes of the bluest skies

pink
song of the day: sweet child o' mine by guns n' roses
growing up, this was my very favorite song. funny that at the tender age of 7 and 8 i was listening to hard rock hair bands. i have much older siblings and my brother was super into guns n' roses in the late 80s. anyway, i've loved this song from day one. the opening guitar riff alone makes this one of the greatest. and i do have very blue eyes, just sayin.
this isn't a very inventive outfit, and i've worn both the top and the skirt fairly recently. but i did need something loose and easy, and this fit the bill. i think i need more dresses. i really don't have very many and when it's hot, dresses are so much better than anything else.
pink
pink
pink
pink
we are leaving in a couple days for vacation! well, as much as going to southwest louisiana can be vacation. we're driving down with my parents on wednesday to stay with my grandma in her trailer (nothing wrong with that) and sleep on the pullout in the living room and sweat because she jacks up the temp on the a/c at night and lake charles is awfully humid and muggy at this time of year. hopefully we'll get some good crawfish and shrimp. i'm a bit nervous about that what with the oil spill in the gulf and all. but we always really enjoy going down for a visit. i'm from there originally but we moved to oklahoma when i was 10. oh, and she doesn't have internet so unless i get on the ball with some planned posts, wednesday will be the last one until next monday. i'm sure i'll get the shakes from being away from the computer for so long. but i'll be able to check a few things with my phone. bless you sweet iphone!
details:
top-vintage
skirt-target
shoes-vintage

22 comments:

Anna Katrina said...

you look so cute i love the outfit esp the ruffled skirt. & your gma in a trailer too cute!


would love you to visit Passport Glamour & follow if you like


Anna Katrina
http://passportglamour.blogspot.com/

Carys said...

Beautiful pictures, love your outfit!!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Kelly said...

So cute! I love this look, and I have that skirt too, isn't it so fun? Those shoes are great as well.

Have fun on vacation!

-Kelly
Sequins & Shadows

Anonymous said...

I really love how you write. It's so fun to see your personality shine through. I really love your shoes!

Melanie@Unravelled Threads

Starr Crow said...

i'm dying over this outfit. first off, oxfords everyday, all the way! second, i love the print on the blouse and how well it works with the skirt. your photos are gorgeous.

Away with the fairy's said...

I adore this outfit! you have amazing style! :)

http://illustratemypillowcase.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

I really love this, you look so cute! Awesome skirt, and yes, that song rocks!

C said...

I love the femininity of the outfit, but especially how the flat brown brogues keep it all from getting too girly. That skirt is great. Have fun on vacation!

Allison said...

I'm completely in love with those shoes! They look amazing with that outfit, too

Sybil said...

such a pretty pretty outfit!!

i love that song as well! :D

Sparkles said...

the outfit AND the sky = perfection. plus i'm now going to bed with guns 'n roses in my head!

sparkles x

Annie, The Friendly Fox said...

Lookin' cute, lovely! Enjoy your vacation and eat so much delicious food!
xoxo

kate maggie said...

eeep! That skirt, that shirt! You! I love this all :) you always look so good. Those shoes are amazing too. I need a skirt just like this, its so perfect for spring. I hope you have an amazing week, amanda. x

Amanda said...

I LOVE your shirt. The print is amazing and love the shape of it.
Have fun on vacation! Oh, and isn't it funny, all the music we listened to when we were younger. I remember when I was 10, I listed to some hardcore punk music that I probably wouldn't listen to now. Haha

Lara said...

I love the shirt you are wearing! It looks like it has so many wonderful outfit options! I wish I could find something similar when I thrift but I never find florals like this.

Leproust Vintage said...

Awwww! I hope that you have such a wonderful time visiting your grandma. I think that being "unplugged" and spending good old fashioned time with friends and family is so fantastic.

I think this outfit is absolutely adorable! I love, love, love that top!

Kimberellie said...

This outfit is BEYOND perfection. LOVE the shoes with it. Yes. Love love love love it. times ten. Really I am that enamored.

Oh, and have fun on your trip. It sounds kind of uncomfortable/hot!!! You are such a good sport! I am a whiner about these things. I am such a spoiled brat I need my own room, my own bathroom, my own temperature control, my own car there.

Um...Yes. You impress me! Will see you next Monday if not this week!

anne said...

hahaha i too was a g&r fan at 8! i hear it now and wonder how i was ever allowed to listen to it at that age! anyway, i love the outfit and your blog for that matter :D i'll be following.

Vicki said...

Love your skirt!! you have fabulous style :)

Anonymous said...

I hope I look as pretty as you in my new thrifted Target skirt just like yours :) I love the ruffles and florals, looks like a dream on you!! Seriously, I will miss your posts, but I hope you have a great time!!!

Aya Smith said...

Oh, that skirt is amazing! You look absolutely amazing! :D

Love,
Aya ( strawberrykoi.blogspot.com )

Vera said...

i love this outfit! its very flattering on you :)
ps. check out my blog!