Thursday, May 20, 2010

i'm walkin' on sunshine

whoa, and don't it feel good! song of the day by katrina and the waves
52010
i feel as though it hasn't been pretty and sunny in ages! maybe i'm just being dramatic. anyway, it was nice getting to wear my shades and bask in the rays.
i bought this skirt the other day from my favorite thrift store for $2. and then i chopped it. i know, but it's been such a long time since i've cut off parts of my clothing. i think i was due for one. i wanted to wear it as a strapless dress and then sometimes as a long skirt but it really didn't look good as a dress. because of the gathers, it made it too big around my waist and i looked frumpy. so i grabbed my scissors. i love the pattern on it, kinda ethnic, kinda boho. lovely colors too. and very comfy. just my kind of skirt.
52010
52010
52010
details:
boots-steve madden from idee geniale's closet
skirt-vintage, thrift store
belt-vintage, ebay
tee-american apparel
scarf-etsy
locket-etsy
gold chain-flea market

16 comments:

Carys said...

I love the print on your skirt!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

C said...

Ooh, I'm just loving that paisley pattern skirt!

Anna Katrina said...

i love your outfit

would love you to visit Passport Glamour & follow it you like!!

Anna Katrina
http://passportglamour.blogspot.com/

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

i love how you layered the necklaces - pretty!

Kimberellie said...

Love how you are wearing the scarf with the necklaces. The layering is just so brilliant. And yes, this skirt is awesome. Good job on the chopping! (so addicted to cutting clothes up as well!).

Now I have that song in my head...

Amy said...

Love the outfit, your last picture is really cool :) Great blog!

Rosie said...

That skirt looks awesome. Very much you!

Shea Lennon said...

Ooh, I'm jealous of your sunny weather! And that skirt--it's gorgeous! This is one of my favorites--it's relaxed but super chic :)

Meggstatus said...

I hope you enjoyed the sunshine! Sure looks like you were ready for it. I like that you cut this skirt, I think the print is too much to be left a maxi. And it looks so even, good job!!!

M. said...

ah I love this, the pattern int hat skirt is so pretty and colorful, great job thrifting it!

lvoelove, M.
http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

mariel said...

that skirt looks so comfy! i love the way it drapes! :)

melissa rose said...

the multiple gold necklaces look great paired with that skirt/belt combo.

and your title makes me think of intervention :)

Brittan-Morgan said...

Hello, I wandered into your blog for the first time and the first thing that grabbed was the boots you are wearing. I love those. The skirt is great you cut it at such a perfect length. I also like how you photograpghin the same spot frequently, it creates a unifying feeling and helps you focus on the outfit.

Amanda said...

Lovelovelove your sunglasses! They look great with the rest on the outfit...which looks totally cool. The skirt is so awesome!

Jessica said...

Ohhh, I love this! The layering of the scarf and necklace is so fun.

Megan said...

do you hem your stuff when you cut it or do you just chop and go?