Saturday, May 15, 2010

running with the devil (in a very non-devilish way)

aquarium run
aquarium run
aquarium run
i finished my half-marathon this morning! woot woot! and i even posted my fastest time ever in a half, 1:55:23. my goal was to make it in under 2 hours and i did. that felt pretty sweet. however, the misty fog did nothing for my hair or appearance in general. i'm not attractive when i run as a rule, but wow. you guys are lucky that i'm even letting you see me like this. i guess i like you. my friends that are in the picture with me ran the accompanying 5k. we stayed up way too late and had about as much fun as three crazy ladies without men or kids can have before getting up ridiculously early to run. the race was great though and i just jammed out to my running playlist and pretended that no one was giving me strange looks as i sang along. i mean, beyonce, lady gaga, and the black eyed peas got me through those 13.1 miles. so now i'm just looking for the next race. anyone wanna join me?

12 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, congrats! That's an amazing accomplishment! I'm so not a runner but I admire anyone who is, haha. Good for you! :)

-Kelly
Sequins & Shadows

merl said...

you're crazy. plain and simple. but the thought of you singing to single ladies while running makes me giggle pretty hard so I guess I love ya too. proud of you!

Little Garcon said...

I tried running for a couple months a year ago, but then I became lazy. I like how it makes me feel after I've been doing it for awhile, but getting to that point makes me want to die.

So congrats on running a marathon that seems unimaginable to me.

Annie, The Friendly Fox said...

Damn, girl! I'm with Merl, you're crazy. Congrats!! That's super impressive! And I think you're looking pretty damn good w/that little medal around your neck! :)

Lara said...

I want to get into running. I am not sure I will ever be able to do a half marathon but a 5k would be nice. Any tips for a beginner?

Kristin said...

you rock! I think you look beautiful! Honestly, sometimes I feel best with no makeup on, after a run, and my comfy running clothes! It is like running really has no appearance requirements. :) Congratulations! We will definitely have to run a race together someday.

P.S. Merl cracks me up. :)

Kimberellie said...

Wow, congrats! That is impressive!

Plus, you look absolutely adorable here! Really! Which gives me a thought, I wonder if it would be fun to do a post (whoever wanted to) sans make-up. Like a fashion blogger challenge. hmm...

But yeah, you look cute and you can run. So you're pretty much awesome in my books.

Unknown said...

wow congratulations, that´s a great time as well!!

I´m having this little giveaway, and I would love for you to enter!
http://pinkwater-lily.blogspot.com/2010/05/teeny-tiny-giveaway.html

brooke said...

congrats! I could never do it... you did heaps well!

xx

MBSMTH said...

you are such an inspiration! i think i have decided to train for a half marathon after years of casual running. Its so great to see a woman close to my age (32) with such similar interests... congrats again!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!!! That is really quite a challenge, you are my hero!! I've gotten so bad about exercise, seriously, you are very inspiring. And you are so beautiful, even after running for 2 hours!!!

Snappy-Q said...

Way to go! That is a great time for a half!
p.s. if you look good while you are running you aren't running hard enough.