Tuesday, May 25, 2010

it's now or never and tomorrow may be too late

shorts
song of the day: 'amanda' by boston
ok so i have a confession to make: i have a fantasy that includes this song. i don't even think i've told matt this whole thing but here it goes. so it's raining outside, not a heavy rain but a nice steady light rain. matt and i have had a fight and i'm mad at him. he leaves the house and i've no idea where he's gone. i start getting a little worried about him because he hasn't come back and then i hear some taps on the window in the living room (remember that we live in a loft on the second floor). i look out the window and see that he's throwing rocks up to get my attention. i pull up the window and yell at him asking what he's doing. he then climbs on top of his car (an '82 volkswagen rabbit-like for real, that's what he drives) wearing a jean jacket and holds a boombox above his head and blasts 'amanda' in the rain as his apology. 'i'm gonna say it like a man and make you understand, amanda. i love you'. of course, i am overcome and then i run downstairs to meet him in the rain and yada, yada, yada. you get the picture. i've no idea where my kid is, but since it's my fantasy he doesn't have to be there :)
shorts
shorts
shorts
shorts
it's pretty cool to have a song with your name in it, huh?
you may be wondering, what in the hey i'm wearing. well, i'll tell you. i am wearing a pair of my running shorts. yes, they are vintage saucony shorts that i bought at a vintage shop in fayetteville and i do indeed wear them while running around town. they are super short (i'm certain people have had a glimpse of butt cheek) but that's the best thing to put on when it's hot and you're logging some major miles. i love them! the shirt is vintage that i picked up at my local favorite thrift store, the manna center, and actually the shoes are from there as well. they're blue leather bass shoes. so very comfortable.
if you look closely you can see my rad tan lines. i think i'm just gonna roll with it this year.
so i'm leaving in the morning for louisiana. if i figure out how to schedule a post i might have one for tomorrow morning. we'll see. but if not, you kids have a great week, and for those in the states, a great holiday weekend!
details:
shirt-vintage
shorts-vintage
shoes-vintage

18 comments:

Carys said...

Cool shorts, and your hair looks lovely!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

acute angle said...

yeee-ooowe!! Look at those legs!! Inspiration for me to run more! You look amazing! You earned that bod! Let them catch a glimpse of a cheek or two!! :)

Allison said...

Such a cute idea wearing those shorts out, they're so cute and fun!

Sarah said...

i love the shorts- i don't care that they're running shorts, they look so great! very cute xx

Anonymous said...

Even I got fluttery reading your dream. That's so hot.

Melanie@Unravelled Threads

Draft of Vintage said...

Fun, summery outfit! Loving on those shoes--- fantasies are so much fun and I often associate certain songs with a specific one, It's a great way to pass the time- Have fun in Louisiana!

merl said...

unfortunately, the closest thing that merl+music have in common is merle haggard. not exactly sexy huh.. we all know your fantasy isn't that g-rated either lady ;)

your legs are incredible, but even they are enough to convince me that running is a worthwhile past time. I hate it that much! have fun on your trip, don't get eaten by an alligator (so louie=waterboy scenery in my mind.. )

Kimberellie said...

"i've no idea where my kid is, but since it's my fantasy he doesn't have to be there :)"

laughed so hard I choked.

You look super cute here. I actually love those short shorts. So vintage and fun. And actually looks "dressed up" (almost) with the shoes!

Anonymous said...

Haha. That is a great fantasy! You've got such a song name! Leslie on the other hand, I don't think has had any songs written about her!

The Semi Sweet said...

Oh, I'm jealous of your tan!!! I need to be outside more and just get some vitamin d or something. Cute shoes by the way!!! They look way comfy!

Zoƫ said...

I am in love with the vintage running shorts.

And sad, because no sweet songs have my name.

And seriously, those shoes are killing me. I love them and am now determined to find some. Vintage??? I just can't believe it.

Haiku.

Debbie said...

your look is so effortless! And yet decidedly cool... love it

Amanda said...

I love that you have a fantasy about the song 'Amanda' by Boston :) My name's Amanda, too, and I grew up listening to my dad play guitar and sing it to me! I love it :) You should check out my thrifting blog- it's funny that we're both Amandas and both thrifters!

Amanda :)
isanotherstreasure.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Haha!! I have a My Little Pony named after me I think :) I love that song, and I love your fantasy. Your shorts are so cute, they look fabulous with the shoes, I love that it is all vintage. Have a great time in Louisiana! I will miss you :)

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

remember that song "veronica" by LFO? no? maybe?

i have some mid 90's fantasys to go along with that.

Dylana Suarez said...

Your shorts are awesome. They remind me of prada!


Just came across your blog. It is lovely!

colormenana.blogspot.com

menina raposa said...

I love the shoes & shorts! amazing outfit !
;)

anna elsa said...

i love your blog and your look!
maaaaan your legs inspire me to keep runnin. dang
haha
have a good day!
x anna