Tuesday, April 20, 2010

wish i was on vacay














































i am ready for vacation. problem is, i'm not going anywhere any time soon. boo.
maybe that's why i'm dressed like i'm on vacation. it's not even super hot out. like i had to put on a cardigan because i was a bit chilly. but i just wanted that summer vacation feeling.
but, on a much happier note, i finally bought a nice camera! ever since the one i broke, i've been searching for a dslr that wouldn't bankrupt me. i finally found one yesterday (via ebay, of course). it should be here thursday and i am pretty much beside myself with excitement. i mean, just think of all the crazy camera angles i could explore with the right machinery?! it even comes with a tripod so i don't have to set it up on random stuff and risk the wind blowing it down. do you guys use a remote for taking pictures yourself or a timer? anyway, thursday cannot come fast enough.
and speaking of cameras, if you haven't entered the holga giveaway yet, make sure you don't forget! it ends on friday. tell your friends too. and moms, dads, grandmas, brothers, sisters, co-workers, neighbors, just basically everyone you know.
details:
shorts-thrifted, talbots
shirt-vintage
shoes-thrifted

15 comments:

Rosie said...

I just use the self timer on my camera and thank god for tripods! They make life so easy! Great blouse!

ssmall4 said...

Ooo I love your blouse! Adorable look! I normally use a timer or I grab a friend and we have some fun with it. I'm really wanting a tripod tho.. I'm stacking books! lol

Lexie said...

that vintage blouse is lovely! and the shorts! it looks like you're having nice weather this week!

calivintage said...

adorbz. and i do the same thing. half the time, i get dresses imagining a bbq party or beach vacation even though i end up too cold. wishful thinking!

Sharon Lei said...

What a simple, but fabulous outfit. :) I wish I were on vacation too! I know I know.. boo to me, I live in Hawaii!! My "vacation" is going somewhere where there is hustle and bustle.. I guess the grass is always greener. :)

xx Love & Aloha

Amanda said...

I love your outfit! Your shorts remind me of the DIY ones I've been working on...for much longer than I should have. I really need to finish them so I can dress like I'm on vacation too!

Anonymous said...

great look here lady. i wish i was on vacay too, but i have to wait for july. i guess it's not that far away, right? congrats on your camera purchase! i just got a tripod and i don't know how i lived before it. okay, that was sort of dramatic...

Unravelled Threads

Anonymous said...

So glad you are getting a DSLR!! I can't wait to see what you do with it!! I will call you for tech support if I ever get one :) Lovely outfit, your posts always make me want to get out some folding plastic chairs and set up a lemonade stand!!

Kimberellie said...

Love this outfit. That top is so sweet. And the shoes are perfect with it!

B a la Moda said...

You got that summer feel!! My husband takes my pictures. I have no idea about how to set the timer-
xoxo
B* a la Moda

xiang yun said...

Your whole look is soooo resort-ish! Makes me wanna go for a vacay too =]

Abbey said...

very chic!

NBeteck said...

I'd TOTALLY wear this! adorable <3

Little Garcon said...

I love your shoes, I recently discovered how amazing thrifted shoes can be!

I don't have a camera remote, although having one would be great. I just use the trusty self-timer. I feel like running back and forth is just kind of the process, haha.

-Christine

Aya Smith said...

This is a perfect summer outfit!!! I love the shorts, so cute! :)

Love,
Aya ♥ StrawberryKoi.blogspot.com