Monday, April 12, 2010

springtime florals














































wow. my allergies have gone so crazy over the last few days. i'm having to wear my glasses today because my eyes are all puffy and itchy and my contacts just irritate them further. i cheated and took my glasses off for the pictures because i'm vain and i like myself better without them. do you guys suffer from seasonal allergies too? i'm just lame and i never buy medicine for it. i kind of wear it as a badge of honor that i don't need to take anything. i'm a tough girl. a tough girl who has swollen eyes, a red nose and who sneezes all the time.
there is nothing better than wearing a pretty spring dress on a warm sunny day. this another chop job dress (i'm so good at those). it used to be really long. it's semi-sheer so i have to wear a cami and slip underneath but it's light weight and flowy and so perfect to sit around in. too bad i don't have any iced tea. wouldn't that just be perfect? or some lemonade. i should look into that.
enjoy your day. and thanks again for all your skirt advice. i really may just go head and chop it. it's a heavier material and the colors do work well for fall so i might just hang on to it until then and wear it with boots or something. i'll just have to keep my eye out for a different maxi skirt :)
details:
dress-vintage
belt-vintage
shoes-target

12 comments:

ssmall4 said...

what a lovely dress!! You look so pretty! Sorry about your allergies, hope you get better soon!=)

Lexie said...

i love the colors in this dress!

Meggstatus said...

This is such a great little summer dress. Seasonal allergies are the WORST last week I was sick and had allergies, it was hell!

Annebeth said...

love the colors in that dress!!!

Kimberellie said...

Love this dress. I just bought a similiar sheer purple one. I should chop it too. I was considering doing so. But my sewing machine is so temperamental I always am hesitant to use it!

You look fabulous. I say: go for the medicine. GO FOR IT! I'm still nursing my son and I can't take ANYTHING. And it really annoys me. So I am always very encouraging for others to take medicine. When you CAN'T it really makes you miss it!

Anonymous said...

Eek! I'm sorry to hear you're feeling bad...My allergies seem to come and go for some reason. If it makes you feel any better you definitely do not look like a sick lady :) You're looking cute as always!

Kristin said...

You look so gorgeous! Nicely done hiding those seasonal allergies! I have suffered from crazy allergies all my life (seasonal, peanuts, dairy, you name it!). It is terrible isn't it?! I actually had a tonsilectomy, adenoidectomy, and deviated septum corrected last fall, and I kid you not, I have not had any problems with allergies this spring. It is raining yellow pollen here, and no watery/itchy eyes, sneezing, nothing! I couldn't believe it.

I hope you feel better soon! Allergies are the pits!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful print and colors on the dress, and love the collar. The blue pointy flats with it are perfect. My face is so puffed up with allergies I don't even recognize myself anymore. I feel your pain girl!!!!

~ megan

Amanda said...

I love your shoes! My allergies have been terrible lately. All these flowers are so pretty, but they're killing me! And I cheat too and always take my glasses off for photos. But it's almost impossible to wear my contacts lately.

Sonya said...

Such a cute dress. I love seeing people find awesome vintage clothes.

www.sonyasark.blogspot.com

Sonya said...

Yes I do go to UF! I don't think I know him but I am guessing there is more than one kicker because my friend Zach Brust is a kicker as well. I have no idea how football works I just cheer for the gators, haha.

Anonymous said...

darling dress! love the blue shoes with it!