Friday, April 2, 2010

bringin' back the culotte
























i think we should bring back the culotte. i mean, it's almost a skirt but not as inappropriate when it's windy or when bending over. pretty cool, i say.
the last few days have been so gorgeous and warm. today it's rainy and gloomy and i just heard thunder. i like sunny days so much better.
i was able to kind of catch up on my blog reading today. it feels so strange when i'm not 'connected.' i don't know, you guys are my friends and i like to know what you're up to and what's happening in your neck of the woods and all.
you may recognize this outfit if you've been to my etsy store. i do have these culottes up for sale over there. i have battled with these. i want to keep them because they are crazy and i'm all about crazy. but i wanted to give others a chance to see the awesomeness that are the paisley culottes.
well, i hope your day is great and that you are getting ready for a fabulous easter weekend!
details:
boots-vintage, ebay
culottes-vintage, for sale in etsy store
tee-american apparel

13 comments:

acute angle said...

ooh cute!! I just bought them!! Good news is that they're staying "in the family"!! If they don't work out for any reason we can always trade back! :)

Avalonne Hall said...

Awesome culottes! My mom has the coolest pair in burgundy! I'm borrowing them when I go home :) Woo! I love paisley! :)

Rosie said...

Yes! Awesome! I love the paisley print!

Meggstatus said...

I am all for the culotte, it's just like wearing a quirky skirt!

kate maggie said...

I need to get myself one of these! They are perfect. You look good girl :)

Jessica said...

I would never be able to pull these off but you look adorable!

I love that you said "you guys are my friends." Sometimes I feel like I'm insane or weird for thinking that I'm friends with people I never met; but I really consider so many bloggers to be friends! I wish we could all meet!

M. said...

I have not seen these on anyone in so long, you rock them so well! I could never! props!

lovelove, M.
http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

Leanne said...

great culotte! as you said, it is just like a skirt after all!

Sonya said...

I love your skirt!

www.sonyasark.blogspot.com

chicfaced said...

I love that if it weren't for the second photo, no one would have known that wasn't a skirt! Love it!

Lexie said...

i saw those when i was browsing your store (ok stalking that white floral dress, lol) ... they are sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Just found some pretty pastel pink ones but they are much shorter.. I love the crazy print on yours, they are gorgeous! Culottes are the best of both worlds really :)

Happy Easter Amanda!

Alysa Kimiko said...

i looooooveeeee yr culottes!!!! i've been lookin for a good pair forever, but been havin trouble. So cute <3