Thursday, April 15, 2010

avon calling
























i originally bought this super cute little avon floral number for myself to be my easter dress. i kept putting off hemming it and stuff and then one thing led to another....i don't know, i'm probably going to sell it. i don't love it as much as i did when i bought it. anyhoo, you may see it in my etsy store soon (hint, hint).
this is the time of year that i start working on my runner's tan. you can't really see it, but i got a pretty nice burn going on my chest and shoulders this morning. you probably can tell that my feet are about 2 shades lighter than my legs. i actually really hate it. by august i look like i'm always wearing a white tank and shorts and white socks. it's lame. that's the only reason why i lay out on my deck a few days a week. i feel so strange going to the pool with my stark white stomach. oh well. but while i don't mind taking pictures out on the deck anymore now that the new neighbors are here, i will feel odd chilling out in my itty-bitty bikini (ok it's not really itty-bitty but i do feel more exposed). but self-tanners make me itch and they tend to smear when i sweat. and there's nothing sexy and sultry about dark streaks all down your arms and legs, while scratching.
details:
dress-vintage
shoes-thrifted
belt-vintage

15 comments:

Meggstatus said...

I like being white... its so much easier to just give up on being tan and go with the white look.

This dress is so cute!

Annie, The Friendly Fox said...

I swear, as soon as I step outside, I get tan. This results in the weirdest tan lines ever! It looks like someone attacked me with a white paint brush! :) You may get a weird tan from running, but you also got your gorgeous gams!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute print on that dress! I thought the tan lines were from those fabulous boots you wear all the time LOL jk :) I hear ya about tan lines, unless I'm in a bikini, I try to stay out of the sun from 11 am - 4 pm. They are just too much work to get rid of!

Avalonne Hall said...

I think this dress is pretty, I think the floral pattern is quite lovely. I say keep the dress :) I used to be so dark, but after I went to England, I don't tan as easily as I used to, phewww. You can wear tights to hide the different shades :) Hehe!

Lexie said...

i used to tan in the salon, but i've really tried to stop doing that! i'm not a big fan of being pale though :( at least you have a lil bit of color with the runner's tan!

Amanda said...

I love your dress! Especially the print. I hear you about the tan...I used to play tennis nearly every day for 4 years before I had surgery...and I still have the tan lines on my feet!! It's almost embarrasing taking outfit photos in some shoes cause it looks like I have socks on!

Kimberellie said...

I love this dress. That is too funny (and a little sad) about the tan lines! Though I have to say I am happy all over again about my life long lack of tan. I seriously just prefer myself a pasty white!! Well, all except my legs, which are glaring, which I have tried to tan, but can't, so... ;-) You look awesome.

Taylor Sterling said...

that is such a great floral dress! I love it with the belt!! I have such a weird tan thing going on too! xo

kate maggie said...

I remember last year i was determined to have white skin..because I thought it was so pretty...so I just stayed inside pretty much all summer. What a stupid idea! Good luck with your tanning :) and you look beautiful today..this dress is perfect on you. x

Anonymous said...

really cute picture and outfit,love the way you edited your pic.
feel free to visit.follow and link

Anonymous said...

pretty dress, and it looks great belted!
xo
Tracy

Anonymous said...

pretty dress, and it looks great belted!
xo
Tracy

Juliette said...

Love the floral dress! So pretty for spring :D

-Juliette WhereForArtThouRomeo

Annabel said...

whoa, i have this dress too!!

Ebony Arwen said...

Oh wow that dress is amazing! The shoes and belt match perfectly - both thrifted? Well done! :D
Love this outfit.