Tuesday, April 13, 2010

my favorite














































you guys, this is my favorite shirt of all time. i actually wear it more than i let on. it is the most comfortable thing i've ever owned. i need to comb the thrift stores for ones like this so i can stop wearing this one ALL THE TIME. the shirt i wore in the 'magnum' post is a lot like it. i love how light weight they are and how they are slightly too big so they just hang on me. i love rolling up the sleeves. they're perfect. do you have a favorite that you just can't live without and you wear all the time and frankly don't even care if people get tired of it?
it's another glasses day. and i'm wearing minimal makeup because anything else i'll just rub off with my constant and profuse blowing of nose and scratching of eyes. i promise i'll stop talking about my allergies as soon as they're gone :)
i picked up my shorts at a thrift store last week. they are talbots. ha! who knew? they are a little bit sailor-ish and i can wear them high on my waist. i have a hard time with low rise things anymore. i don't know how to style them! that's all used to wear and now i avoid them like the plague. i think i'm getting old.
details:
shorts-thrifted, talbots
shirt-vintage
socks-walmart
shoes-vintage

12 comments:

Kimberellie said...

Love this outfit. The over the knee socks are great. Love that shirt. I understand your obsession! The shoes, nice too!! You look great! Sorry about the allergies. Nothing worse than being sick in Spring!

Also, I think the high waistedness of your attire shows the opposite, you AREN'T getting old. You are just too darn trendy! See, what happens when some people get old (not us goodness forbid) is they can't help but continue to wear all the fashion trends from high school. Ever notice that? So uh, yeah, you're darn young and happy and hot.

acute angle said...

I LOVE THIS!! The socks, oxfords... the jean shorts and the plaid shirt!! I LOVE THE WHOLE THING!! You're the cutest.

Amanda said...

I love your shorts! And those socks are cuuuute, it makes me wish it weren't so hot here!

I have a few shirts that I would wear all the time if I could and they are all American Apparel V-necks. Gosh, they are my guilty pleasure!

Shea Lennon said...

I love every part of this--the socks, the perfectly worn in shirt, the oxfords. I'm an allergy sufferer too, and I feel your pain. I hear the pollen counts are outrageous this year. Or at least that's what I tell people when they comment on my red, watery eyes.

Meggstatus said...

That's how my leopard jacket is, but if I took a picture in it everyday I would bore all of my readers to death!

merl said...

my cats get pretty sick of seeing me in my pj pants and cardigan.. seriously such fashion snobs.

stop being so adorable, please and thank you.

Rosie said...

It is a pretty epic shirt. I thrifted one that looks quite similar, but have yet to wear it because I have no idea how to wear it. Me thinks I will go the shorts route too!

Avalonne Hall said...

I love stripes, I feel like I'm wearing stripes too much, but I don't care, whatever, they're chic! Hehe. Love this shirt and I love high waist shorts. I don't like low rise jeans, I think high rise pants are just more comfortable for me. Love the knee high socks. I have yet to wear knee high socks, I have a pair, but I don't know how to wear them just yet...

Carol said...

I like your shirt and your pants vintage!
The mixture of colors in the shirt relaxes me!

Unknown said...

I love the idea of those knee-high socks with the jean shorts! so adorable.

ps. please take a sec to check out my blog:
http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love the over the knee socks with shorts...and great shoes! You look adorable!
:)
Tracy

Lisa said...

i loved how you styled your favorite shirt! i definitely have clothes like that i just try to style them in a new way for the blog:)