Sunday, April 25, 2010

exhausted
























what a busy weekend this was! it was fun though. the festival wasn't a huge success like i had hoped. it rained just about all day yesterday and today was cold and cloudy. i was able to get some good traffic through my shop yesterday afternoon in between rain showers so it wasn't a total let down. and if you follow me on twitter you might have read that i ran a 5k race on saturday morning. the rain stopped just in time for the race to start and began again right after i crossed the finish line. perfect timing. and i ran a personal best and won my age division so i got a medal and all that jazz. it was pretty exciting. i'm not a super fast runner but i guess i was the fastest female aged 25-29. that's the best i could ask for!
the above outfit is from the other day. i just didn't have enough time to take pictures of my outfit from yesterday and today i am just too lazy. i know it's a bit boring but i needed something easy and comfortable to wear when i was getting ready for the festival, making signs and what-not.
details:
shoes-bass, thrifted
shorts-thrifted
top-target
cardigan-target

13 comments:

Lisa said...

congrats on your win! Those are such cute shoes.

Lexie said...

congrats on your medal! i remember when my xc team ran 5Ks during the summer we'd always have a few people win great swag!! ooo you make me want to take up running again!

Anonymous said...

Very chic outfit. Congrats on kicking butt in your 5k!

xo, UnravelledThreads

Don't forget to enter my cumstom elastic waistband skirt giveaway!

Sharon Lei said...

Oh yay!! Congratulatoins. :) I need to start running again... well actually I want to try Zumba. I've heard lots of great things about it... it sounds super fun! Although the outfit is simple, it's chic... and easy breezy. :)

xx Love & Aloha

Anonymous said...

Girl I'm so proud of you, that's fantastic!! I know you have been working hard! Looks like you even got a blister that you are covering up with a kid's band-aid, or is that a new accessory / fashion trend :)

Great outfit! Love the simple black pieces!

transmission me

Kimberellie said...

Wow, congrats on the 5k! That's awesome. And hey, this outfit isn't boring at all. I love it. Oh, and what else I love?-the kid's bandaid on your foot! hehehehe. All the little signs that say: mommy, hey?

heart: ME

Rosie said...

Congrats on the 5K, that is totally something to be proud of. I'm no use at running. You look so darling in black. Love it!

Annebeth said...

congrats on the personal record!!! I am not an athletic person at all but I'm planning on taking up running some time soon. I love your shoes here!

Abbey said...

i like how you pair it with the shoes! lovely!

Second Skin said...

Oh my! Congrats on your accomplishment! I think that running a 5k is one of those things I will never do (because I only run if I am in danger and on adrenaline) but I REALLY admire people who have the will to do these races. To get first place in your class is a MAJOR thing so really, tremendous job! You also never fail to look really well put together and cool so, really, you are the shit!

Anonymous said...

Oh nice! Congrats on the race, that's awesome! I used to race quite often but now my knees are a mess after years and years of intense training. Boo!

Love the outfit, I thought it might be a romper at first but separates, well done!

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

Congrats on the race!

Leanne said...

congrats!!
and i love those shoes! what a nice find.