Thursday, April 29, 2010

when nothing else will do
























i was having a total outfit block today. i don't know what it was but this was really the best i could come up with. it's warm outside but really windy. i didn't feel like wearing jeans and a skirt was out of the question as was a dress. i wanted to wear this scarf, but didn't want to do shorts with a short sleeve top. so i put on a longsleeve v-neck that i stole from my sister-in-law when she was living with us and pulled on some shorts, add some accessories....whammo. this is what i got. sorry it's not too exciting.
i did go ahead and buy a pair of the cynthia vincent wedges on ebay. gosh, it is just outrageous how much people are charging for those shoes. they are just too adorable and i couldn't get them out of my head. that is the only reason i would subject myself to highway robbery. i just turned a blind eye and clicked 'buy it now.' them things better be all i've dreamed about and more.
alright, girls and boys, i need to get going. don't stop being awesome.
details:
shorts-thrifted
shirt-stolen
scarf-thrifted

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been having outfit block like crazy recently. I guess it's the change of seasons...? Anyway, I love your boots and scarf!

Melanie @Unravelled Threads
Don't forget to enter my custom elastic waistband skirt giveaway!

Meggstatus said...

I really like this! Your shorts are awesome ad the scarf adds just enough POW to this outfit.

LOVELY!!

Rosie said...

I just had to google Cynthia Vincent and I wish I didn't because now I want a pair of those wedges! You look great dearie, I love that scarf!

merl said...

SAME exact weather here. Annoying to say the least.. I almost passed out in the post office because suddenly my romper and cardi were suffocating. You were born to rock high waisted shorts. meeyooow.

Every Little Counts said...

love the shorts!

Avalonne Hall said...

Those shoes are so great! Love the fringe detail! This outfit is so great, doesn't look like you had an outfit block, but it's okay, I have those days too! :)

Taylor Sterling said...

I am loving these shorts!!

Anonymous said...

Even though you flinched, hopefully the wedges will be worth it. May all your dreams come true!!

I wish I could wear shorts to work.. Boooo.. I love how you wore them with the boots and scarf, so cute!!

Sonya said...

I have outfit blocks nearly everyday. I literally kill a good 20 minuts staring at my closet. But I love those shorts!

www.sonyasark.blogspot.com

Jess said...

What outfit block? I think this turned out great :) Boots + shorts is one of my favourite combos. You nailed it girl

Kendi Lea said...

Oh my gosh you are adorable. How come I am just now finding you?!

I love this whole outfit! So cute.

Lyndsey said...

OMG you look amazing! love this doll, thank you for taking time out of your day to comment on my blog :)))) <3333 much love darling!!

Danielle said...

Well, it still looks cute. But yeah, outfit blocks suckk