Friday, April 8, 2011

so clever

clever
hooray for fridays and getting through another week and warm weather and bare legs. this weekend is supposed to be flippin awesome. and i say, bring it on.
clever
clever
so i got these sandals in the mail from clever nettle and i immediately put them on my feet. i came in from my run, saw the box inside the door, opened it, and ripped off my sweaty socks, and PUT THEM ON MY FEET. they are seriously my new favorite shoes. so very comfortable and accommodating enough for my hobbit hooves. they are super fantastic. i even painted my toenails for the occasion. no joke. it's been almost 2 years since the last time. this is big, i tell ya, BIG.
clever
clever
siloam has loads of dogwood trees around. we even have a festival dedicated to them (and by 'dedicated', i do mean that it's a chance to have tons of booths of really bad crafts and even worse food for a weekend all over downtown). but they're just so pretty. especially when they line the creek in the spring time.
clever
clever
now, go have a good one :)
clever
details:
dress as skirt-gordman's? it's been so long i've kinda forgotten
paisley top-thrifted merona
sandals-clever nettle on etsy
bag-vintage, thrifted in louisiana

13 comments:

KristiMcMurry said...

LOVE the sandals. I bet they looked great with your running clothes too! haha. The dogwoods are gorgeous! The one right by my house is looking great right now.

Karen said...

Great outfit!!! I love your sandals - I am sure they will look great with tons of summer outfits!! Enjoy!!

XOX,
Karen

www.rubytuesdayfashionanddesign.blogspot.com

Monique said...

Cute outfit. I love saltwater sandals. They have such a sweet little girl vibe. I love Dogwoods we are heading to ATL to catch spring in all its glory later this month.Have a good weekend

archives vintage said...

dogwood trees are my favorite!!!! i love their gorgeous blossoms. dude, its still winter coat weather here. you better enjoy those sandals for me ;)

ps - atlas and i went running this morning. it was a sad event, but i hope to make it a regular one. thought you'd appreciate that :)

islabell said...

that skirt dress is bom dot com. And i love those sandals, glad they are on your feet!!! I had a similar pair of navy ones last summer and wore them to death.

Perfect chill summer day outfit. I think the run of good weather is over here now...we have a chilly weekend ahead of us.

Enjoy your weekend and pretty dogwood trees.

x

Kimberellie said...

I do very much like those shoes. And I do adore a good cheesy festival! And lucky you, bare legs! And YES, FRIDAY! Gosh, it seems the weeks go by faster and faster...oh dear!

heart: Kimberellie

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

this is really amazing. I don't know what else to say but I love it. I'm glad your sandals are so comfortable. I laughed that you called them hobbit hooves.

The Semi Sweet said...

Your dogwood festival sounds like the azalea festival in Norfolk, Va. They have a parade, a beauty queen thing, just a lot of weird nonsense. It's really just a NATO celebration. Anyways, you look gorgeous! Those sandals are just too cute:)

the other emily said...

Those sandals are SO RAD. After reading your post I immediately ran over to etsy (well, you know... digital running.) in hopes they were from a handmade shop and that I could get me a pair - only to be heartbroken that they're darn old one-of-a-kind vintage! Wah waaah.

Anonymous said...

the dogwoods are always my favorite sign of spring in the Ozarks and seeing them already in your area suggests that it will be too late by the time I get to the lake next weekend. I am so jealous of these saltwater sandals. I've been shopping a pair in navy.

phl256 said...

I'm really into nude-colored sandals. Cute top. I love it!

C said...

Oh man, this is such a perfect casual outfit. I fully intend to recreate it on the next hot day. :)

Lauren said...

You are my hair idol.