Thursday, April 14, 2011

bright as the sun

4-13
i'll let you in on a little secret. i'm wearing my bathing suit under this dress!! yeah, you heard me. i had the opportunity to leave the shop early yesterday so i went home, ate lunch, threw on my suit and headed out to the deck with my book. it was such a treat! super sunny and warm and i got a bit of a tan.
not only that, but i trimmed my hairs too. it was much needed since my bangs were getting a tad out of control. i LOVE that i can cut my own hair now! i am giddy just thinking about how much time and money i'm saving. no foolin', this is the best style i've ever had. christina, you are brilliant.
4-13
now, before you get offended that i am able to lay out on my deck and soak up some serious rays and relax with a wee glass of white wine in the middle of the day in the middle of the week (ha! i left that little tidbit out at first), it will get colder tomorrow. i was just seizing the moment. and some dark chocolate. (i KNOW! i'm just rubbing it in now :)
4-13
4-13
4-13
4-13
4-13
4-13
details:
dress-vintage, thrifted and shortened and taken in
shoes-clever nettle vintage on etsy
jacket-vintage, brought in to my store
hat-vintage, thrifted

13 comments:

Mrs Vintage said...

FUN!!

www.mrsvintagehk.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Brag brag brag! It's a good thing you're cute ;)

Loren said...

I'm a cheating 'cut my own hair' person too. It started in college when I was to cheap to even go to great clips and get a 14$ cut. But being confident to fix your own hair every couple months is really exhilarating.
The only bad part is I've been trying to grow it out, so now it looks kinda bad, so it isn't really bragging anymore I say 'I cut it myself'.

Sandy Guttman said...

You look fabulous as per usual.

ps I am terribly jealous of you. But I'm going on an art bus tour for work tomorrow, with a catered French lunch, so I can't quite complain.

xoxo

Sandy Caribou

Morgan and Lua said...

You. In hats. You've been holding out on me. I want to see more of it.

And you're right, I'm am completely jealous. I need to get me some tan time.
www.mroganandlua.blogspot.com

Nicole Martin said...

Um yes, you are definitely rubbing it in as I sit in an office with the AC blasting on me! (AC is on with a high of 62 in NJ - no, I don't understand it either.)

But you know what? You work hard, so you deserve it. And I'll be bragging during summer hours when I'm home by lunchtime on Fridays... that's only fair, right? ;)

FutureLint said...

Your whole look just screams "nice weather!" Love it! The hat is so cute and I LOVE the bright jacket!

islabell said...

ahhh! sunshine, book, dark chocolate and wine on wednesday! YES! Could it get any better?

Loving that jacket. It must be fun looking through stuff to buy at the store.

x

p.s. a wee parrot on your neckless. sweet.

Emma Litton said...

I love your hat! I love hats when it's nice a warm outside.

Also, cutting your own hair is such a money saver! Several months back I started realizing I could just cut my own bangs, it saves sooo much money!

xo,
Em

Desiree said...

Seriously, everything about that sound fantastic. Sun, wine, dark chocolate. What else is there in life? Haha

Teresa said...

Really nice outfit! The jacket is so cute!

Love,
Teresa

Rebekka Seale said...

I'm mostly just jealous of your fabulous runner's legs! No wonder you always look so awesome in all your outfits!!!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

hope you had a great time laying in the sun!! your hat is so cute. it is fun to cut your own hair. I have been doing it since I was 8. yey!