Tuesday, April 5, 2011

black, white, and graffiti all over

4/2
these photos were taken on saturday after a very good day at my shop. plus the weather was amazing, i had a new car, and wine to drink. basically, all was right with the world. i had so much fun taking these! some days, i feel awkward or cold or annoyed or any number of bad things when doing my outfit shots. not saturday. it was great. can you tell? the hispanic lady who stumbled upon my little party seemed to think so.
4/2
and what do you think about the black and whites? i thought it fitting since i was wearing a fairly monochromatic ensemble.
4/2
4/2
i've been looking for a hat for a very long time. i've searched etsy and scoured thrift stores like mad for the perfect one. i never thought i was much of a hat gal, but so many people have been wearing them and they just look like so much fun. i found this one a couple weeks ago whilst at salvation army. it was $2.
4/2
4/2
4/2
bizarre graffiti on that door, huh? yeah, i'm not sure what it means.
4/2
4/2
details:
dress-vintage
cardigan-target
hat-thrifted
bag-yep, it's the same one :)

16 comments:

Loren said...

Love the hat. I've been admiring them all over the place too and thinking I need something with a wider brim too. I'm sure they are useful for blocking the sun, rain, and shielding your face from the paparazzi who want pictures of someone who looks so fabulous! ;)

Unknown said...

gorgeous dress! ... still lovin the bag too! xx

Bryce said...

This dress is really great. I agree with the monochromatic ensemble too. It really plays up the details on the dress.

Desiree said...

You look like you had so much fun shooting these. I definitely agree that moods come out in outfit shots.

That white dress with the dark cardi is great! I love white in the springtime.

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I think your hat looks wonderful and black and white go great together too!!! I love the two-tone look.

Looks and Books said...

I think everything about this look works--black and white is really anything but boring because it's so striking. I especially am a fan of your hat--I'm looking for one in a similar shape for the summer!

Looks & Books

Think Twice Style said...

I am in LOVE with this dress!!! So beautiful!

wishful nals said...

looooove that dress. wish the weather was nice and sunny here!

Marie said...

I like black and white photos, you can see great detail like the lacy bit of that shirt!
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
31summers giveaway

myedit said...

It is a good hat. It kinda looks like you have a giant pile of hair hiding under that hat...
All I hide under hats is usually whatever can't be selvaged after a rainfall.

Kimberellie said...

I just ADORE this outfit. It is truly ADORABLE!!! And the b&w photos are steller. And wowwowee to that hat! Yowza! It's awesome. I, also, found the perfect hat this last week (must be hat finding season). So yeah to hats!!

Emily said...

Your hat is PERFECTION.

xoxo
Em

calivintage said...

oh, i feel like it's been ages since i've left a comment! (though i've definitely been reading!) i absolutely love your dress to pieces!

Alysa Kimiko said...

cute hat!! i love the loafers!

archives vintage said...

oh yeah, i am into that hat!!!!

Zoë said...

I'd like to find me a hat like that, too.

It looks pretty incredible on you. Especially in black and white. That was a very nice decision that you made.

And please don't worry what my graffiti says. It's for me to know and others to think about.

Zoë