Friday, April 29, 2011


it is one of my greatest achievements when i find a designer piece at the thrift. especially when it's half price and comes in at a whopping $2.50. WOOT! i got these jeans at my favorite store, the manna center. it was in the 'juniors denim' section and the tag even said 'teen' on it. i think that's how they remained undiscovered. i mean, what teenage girl would buy these? they don't really scream 'high school cool girl' to me. but they do scream 'thirty year old mom.' and that's just what i am :)
thrifted jeans are fast becoming my favorite. they're already well worn and broken in. perfect. and i am embracing my love of denim right now. and really pants in general. i know that skirts and dresses are more blogger mainstream, but i think i'm a jeans girl at heart. i am most comfortable and confident in them. and isn't that what it's all about? i think so.
but it's going to be deliciously warm tomorrow so i probs will wear something short, just cuz.
jeans-vintage DIANE VON FURSTENBERG, thrift
loafers-cole haan, thrift


The Daily Fashionista said...

You are so lucky to be able to find vintage jeans and to top it off, they fit you! Those are fantastic!

Sarah said...

i LOVE those jeans! and you look so freakin' cute! and you're so tiny! i mean that in a good way :).

Melanie said...

I recently found a Diane Von Furstenberg blouse thrifting (but I paid $6)! I got so excited and instantly paranoid that someone was going to snatch it right out of my hands!
I love when rich women cast off their unwanted designer duds for me to find... :)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

You always find the cutest things. And you always look cute! So do you feel like a teen again?? hehehehe.

kelseywilliams said...

i can't believe those DVF jeans! they are fantastic on you.

Two For Tea said...

Ugh, I'm quite jealous of your vintage jeans find...I'm wishing for a pair of 70s-style widelegs right now!

<3 Cambria

caycelayne said...

those jeans are stellar!!! you're so fabulous :)

Kimberellie said...

Wow. What an awesome find! And you look totally fabulous and not 30 year old mom at look hot chic and in young woman! I got a great deal the other day...a Moschino Cheap and Chip skirt for 7 dollars...HULLO! I would wear it on the blog...only it requires a waist. should live closer to me. We would be great friends...until we went thrifting together, that is.

heart: K

caycelayne said...

okay, so my first comment was a "tester" to see if i was back in business :)
back to those fabulous jeans...i totally resonate with you in being a jeans gal. i love a good dress but i am most comfortable and seem to find my "niche" as far as styling goes when i throw on my favorite pair of jeans. glad i am not alone in this! now i just need a rad pair of jeans like these and i'll be in heaven! :)

Meggstatus said...

I am constantly on a hunt for jeans like this, I'm so jealous you actually found a pair! They are ridiculously amazing.


Vanessa said...

What a great find! I didn't even know Diane von Furstenberg did Teenage stuff...must have been a mistake...

Between Laundry Days said...

I didn't even know DVF made jeans, but these are stunningly cool, and so perfectly in line with your style. I love this simple warm-weather outfit. Hope you're having a great weekend!!

Meghan said...

those pants are great, I love thrifting finds like that! the top is very pretty on you, as are the necklaces <3

sartoriography said...

You certainly do look like a jeans girl at heart. They suit you perfectly. You always manage to look both classy, chic, and a little funky at the same time. And these DVF ones with the lace top are just plain gorgeous. You're my denim inspiration. :)

Gabrielle said...

Well this look is awfully familiar... ;) Our fashion heart-strings must be connected at the seams, my friend!

I'm in love with your necklaces, and that pop of turquoise from the belt just makes me swoon!

Gosh, I am so thrilled that the 70s are in right now. Just. So. Thrilled.