Friday, February 26, 2010

rooftop














































yay, i finally got a poncho! i've been coveting the ones i've seen on others and i even had a few on my favorites list on etsy. but i lucked out and found one at the little antique store across the street from my house! and, even better, they were having a half price sale on all clothing. yay! is it okay to wear these in the summer? because i probably will, all the time.

i'm standing on the roof of the salon next to my building. i wonder if they heard me traipsing around up there. incidentally, it is the same salon where i get my hair cut. mostly for convenience, but also because my stylist is a friend and our sons are about the same age and they played on the same tee-ball team last year (so cute). all that to say, you'd think i would go in for a fringe trim since it's so close. i mean, i have to walk in front of the place to get to my front door from where i park my car. but no, i just push my bangs to the side so that i may see. it doesn't make sense.

in other news, it's friday! but that also means that the olympic closing ceremony is coming up on sunday night. i'm actually already dreading the end. i get depressed to see the games end so i can't imagine how it feels for the athletes and the organizing committees. and i will have to take down the olympic flag in the window. i've had so many people comment on that. you can see it from the street and people will come up to me and say 'hey i saw the flag in your window.' it's pretty cool.

details:
poncho-vintage,
shirt-thrifted, banana republic
shorts-thrifted, cut from a pair of pants
boots-vintage, etsy


5 comments:

Chloƫ, Wardrobe Quarry said...

oo well done, I really wanted a poncho too and I found one in the big winter sales last year, I ended up getting one from $140 down to $40! best bargain ever. Love your blog too, nice outfits.

Anonymous said...

Totally loving the rooftop shots!! And the whole outfit rocks, including the boots (don't think I didn't notice :) !!

amanda said...

thanks ladies!

Starr Crow said...

the Olympics is already over?? my b/f and i have enjoyed them so much this year, but at least there's a hockey game before it ends! i adore your poncho. you have me wishing mine was in a more neutral color like yours with a little less orange overpower. love the tips of your striped sleeves peaking out too, it adds a really nice contrast.

Starr Crow said...

the Olympics is already over?? my b/f and i have enjoyed them so much this year, but at least there's a hockey game before it ends! i adore your poncho. you have me wishing mine was in a more neutral color like yours with a little less orange overpower. love the tips of your striped sleeves peaking out too, it adds a really nice contrast.