Sunday, February 14, 2010

i said yes





this day nine years ago (yeah i know, i’m old) matt proposed to me at a restaurant in tulsa, oklahoma. i said yes and the whole place started applauding. i actually don’t remember a single thing he said to me, because i was in this amazing dreamland. my eyes were totally focused on the ring sparkling in the low light and when he stopped talking, i just said yes! thankfully, he wrote everything down and gave me the paper with his proposal written on it otherwise, i would just swear it didn’t even happen. he had dinner with my parents’ to ask their permission the week before and they already knew and were waiting for us when we pulled in the driveway to share the news. it was the best night ever. well, our wedding was better, but you know what i mean! so this many years later, we’re happier than even on that day. and every day i’m thankful that he asked!

5 comments:

bonfire of my vanity said...

that is so sweet!
http://bellisimama.blogspot.com/

Lara said...

Oh you should post wedding pictures!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing story! I would love to see wedding pictures!

Also, that jacket is amazing!

M. said...

adorable outfit, I love it!

lovelove, M.
http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

chicfaced said...

I love hearing proposal stories...love that yours was so memorable and family oriented.

I also love those socks with that jacket. Is it velvet? vintage? it's amazing!