Thursday, February 25, 2010

everyone's doing it















































i've never been one to wear a headwrap, but i've seen so many fashionable ladies wearing them so i guess i decided i might as well try it. my original plan was to wear this thing as a scarf, but i looked very '80s mom.' since that is not the image i wanted to portray, i had to go with plan b. and so this 'thing' is actually the bottom part of a dress that i cut off when i made it shorter. you might remember it: the dress i wore with the cropped blazer and thigh highs (here's the link to the dress if you're so inclined). anywho, i wrapped it around my head a few times and tied the excess in a knot so it would stay and then put my hair in a side low ponytail. i thought it gave me a bit of feminine charm with the wool trousers and oxfords (i know, again with the oxfords). the belt i'm wearing is from a dress i bought a long time ago and have since gotten rid of it. it's strange how i still have the belt. my top is from my very favorite 'manna center' and is an h&m top i got for $2. for realz, guys, i love shopping there.
i took pictures inside today because i looked really bad in all of the outside shots. like, it was strange. i think i was squinting too much and the angle was bad. i don't know but it was hideola.

details:
shoes-vintage
trousers-vintage , etsy
shirt-thrifted, manna center

2 comments:

Emily Park said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.
I really do love yours :D

I loveee this simple but cute outfit :'D

I'm following your blog, of course :))
follow mine and hit me up and follow me on Twitter?

Loveee.
xxx.

Anonymous said...

Love all the pics, that first one is amazing! You nailed the trousers, and like you said, the headwrap adds a feminine touch. You look great!!