Saturday, February 6, 2010

the alley



this day one year ago, i opened my store! it's been a fantastic adventure. i remember being so nervous that first day. you know, like, what if no one comes, or what if a ton of people come and i get stressed? can i operate the register? do i have enough inventory? it was a great day though. everything worked out and i've been loving it ever since. i can't wait to see what's going to happen this year!
so, anyway, this is the alley right next to my shop. people would walk by and i'd try to act all cool and stuff as though matt was not taking my picture in the alley. a lady drove by and almost had a wreck because she was staring at us. ha! oh, well.
i felt so '80s-tastic today with my big hair and pastel plaid shirt. it's funny because my hair just naturally has these crazy "wings" that frame my face. remember when we used to style it like that? for real, am i just aging myself when i say that? it's just hilarious that this is all natural with no hairspray or curling iron and my sister used to have to spend an hour on her hair (in the '80s) to make it look like this. ah, memories.

6 comments:

Lara said...

I love the pastel plaid shirt! I have been quarreling with myself about whether or not I should buy a plaid shirt. I know I will wear it once and then never wear it again. But somehow I love them so much.

amanda said...

thanks! i sort of love plaid so of course i would say you should totally go out and buy a shirt. but if you do, then go to a thrift store for one. then at least you aren't paying a lot for something you may or may not love:)

Anonymous said...

love d shirt..:)
http://shallomanita.blogspot.com/

Jess said...

Oh that top is fantastic and I love your hair haha especially how it "wings" out :)

acute angle said...

CUTE!! Yeah, I'm glad I found your blog! Adorable! LOVE your hair! Congrats on the store!

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

What a great shirt! I love the photos in the alley too! Congrats on your store.. that is amazing. :)