Saturday, July 17, 2010

we got fun n' games

laceskirt
song of the day: 'welcome to the jungle' by guns n' roses
yesterday was a pretty relaxing day of a little thrifting, lunch at a fab sushi restaurant, and sitting on a bench looking out at the hudson full of sailboats and seagulls. it was bloody hot, but a really pretty and sunny day. in the evening we had to go to the rehearsal at the little chapel where the wedding will be held on sunday. the place doesn't have air conditioning!!!!! we were all sweating like pigs. the wedding is at 3:00 in the afternoon. i have no idea what we're going to do. pass out most likely.
today i went back into the city with a friend who'd never been before. i thought it brilliant that i, one who has been to manhattan a whopping 3 times, got the pleasure of showing her around the town. armed with my trusty iphone, i google mapped us all around the place and we never once got lost. we shopped till our feet were sore. it was a great day.
laceskirt
i bought this skirt on thursday when we went shopping and i love it! i wish i would've debuted it in a better way though. it's so super cute. i was just running out of clothing that was appropriate for 93 degrees in a big sweaty city. so i had to break it out even if a bit prematurely.
laceskirt
and so right now i am sitting in my hotel room watching 'bridget jones' diary' and drinking wine by myself. matt had some bachelor partying to do so i am left to my own devices. i ran on the treadmill, showered, pulled on some clothes, walked to target, almost bought a pair of jeggings, but then did buy a sandwich, and walked back and plopped down on the bed. excellent.
details:
tank-old navy a long time ago and really i usually only run in it
skirt-kimchi blue, urban outfitters
oh, and the fine people over at weardrobe felt it was fitting to bestow upon me the honor of being in the spotlight today!!! i was so super surprised and excited. i mean, really i'm just me: a silly girl who lives in arkansas and is only mildly cool. stuff like this just never happens to me and sweet paige was the first to let me know! she texted me last night to congratulate me and i couldn't believe it. but then i got an email from weardrobe and then i caught on that it wasn't truly a prank. how cool is that?!
Picture 2

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I freaking LOVE that skirt! I just might need one...

merl said...

you are the queen of casual gorgeousness. seriously that skirt was made for you. congrats again on the weardrobe.. I think you're kind of cool, which is more than mildly so give yourself a pat on the back for that... ooooh and come up to illinois on Wednesday to play with Paige and I, please and thank you.

Fia Kilbourn said...

Congrats on the spotlight!

I love that skirt. It looks great with a simple tank.

Avalonne Hall said...

Yay congrats on the weardrobe spotlight. When I saw it on weardrobe, I was like yay for Amanda :) I love that lace skirt, it's so beautiful!

Lexie said...

i love that lace skirt! pretty pretty.

congrats on the weardrobe spotlight! you definitely deserve it!

Anonymous said...

That skirt is so cute! I love the lace and big slouchy pockets. Allows you to either dress it up or down

minnja said...

really cool outfit:)

Anthea said...

Congrats on the Spotlight!

Love the skirt.

Anthea,
Embracing Style

E said...

nice blog and I love your style! so chic!


heyfancypants.blogspot.com

ABIGAIL NY said...

love the look!...very chick and the boots are truely amazing!
and congrats on the pick for look of the day!

http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

Little Garcon said...

Congrats! That's pretty awesome, I saw it yesterday when I signed into my weardrobe account.

I actually really like this outfit I think it gives it such a relaxed look, which is perfect for summer.

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congrats on the spotlight!! "styles by Amanda" I love it!! The skirt is to die for, freakin' fantastic..