Friday, July 9, 2010

i'm floating in a beam of light with you

pinkjacket
song of the day: 'i ran' by a flock of seagulls
is anyone else exhausted? yikes, this has been such a rough week. i think it was that pesky three day weekend that did me in. but i'm not likely to get much rest this weekend, either. oh well. next week i go on vacation! we leave on wednesday for new york and i'm pretty excited about it. just getting away, you know? small towns start to wear on you after a while and i'm ready to go somewhere that has stuff to do.
pinkjacket
this jacket came with a super pretty dress that i'll be wearing to the wedding we'll be attending in new york. it's a friend of matt's and he'll be a groomsman so i had to come up with something special next to his tux. the jacket looked too matronly with the dress but alone the dress is gorgeous! can't wait to show all of you.
i think i just need to embrace my love of pink. i'm starting to wear it a lot. i used to vehemently hate the color, but i'm softening up quite a bit to it. maybe i'm a bit more girly than i like to admit.
and at no part of the day was it bright enough to wear sunglasses on my face. so basically, i used them all day long as a hair accessory. i do that. it's just a peculiar habit of mine. but it does make my hair look better sometimes so i roll with it.
pinkjacket
oh and i put a few things in the etsy store yesterday. i need to get a major photo shoot going soon. i have a huge pile of things to photograph and such. there are some gems in there.
speaking of gems, i found the most gorgeous vintage nightgown yesterday. i've been looking for a floor length gown for a while but hadn't found one that was perfect. this one is an off-white that is just this side of yellow, has pretty butterfly sleeves, plunging neckline and empire waist with lace trimming. so very fem and pretty. it's fairly formfitting so it really hugs my non-curves. so very lovely. i think i am secretly girly. how cool?! i'm finding myself right here on my blog in front of all my readers! you didn't know that you'd be joining me on my road to self-discovery did you? luckies.
pinkjacket
details:
jacket-vintage, goes with a dress, a friend brought it to my shop
jeans-topshop
shoes-goodwill
shirt-thrifted, old navy
necklace-etsy

13 comments:

Rosie said...

I really love the pink on you! Glad you're finding your inner girlishness! I cannot wait to see this dress!

merl said...

I think I have the exact same locket!! I bought my necklace on ebay though.. Speaking of, I haven't seen that one since the move. ruh roh..

can't wait to see you all dolled up for the wedding! you're gonna look fab dahling ;)

Abi said...

Cute outfit! That jacket is super sweet, and the polka dots steal my heart.

http://stylebouquet.blogspot.com/

Meggstatus said...

Something amazing is going on with your hair in these pictures and I can't get enough of it! How I wish my hair wasn't stick straight... I'm glad you actually embrace your curly hair, it looks fabulous!

And This little jacket is so darn cute. You should be thanking your lucky stars that you weren't forced to wear a hideous bridesmaids dress.

Hannah said...

I love the way you manage to make pants look so stylish. And these colors go together so well.

Kimberellie said...

Love this look on you. The pants fit you just perfectly! And I can't wait to see the dress!!

And oh, the nightgown! You make me wish I bought one of the awesome ones I saw on vacation! DARN ME!!!

AND YES to girly. It's the best. I totally recommend it! Have fun on your NY trip!!

Lexie said...

i LOVE those jeans! the highwaist is so ladylike with that jacket!

calivintage said...

girl, you look so great in skinny jeans, i tell you! and i used to feel the same way about pink, but now i enjoy wearing it on occasion! have fun in nyc!

Teresa said...

That swiss dot pink top is so cute! And it looks really good on you too! :)

♥ Teresa ♥

Avalonne Hall said...

You should embrace pink, pink is a lovely shade on you! Oh have fun in New York! A New York wedding sounds amazing, have a good time! Take lots of photos and I can't wait to see you in the dress :) Safe trip and take care!

Unknown said...

this outfit looks so great, I really love it. Even though it's simple, it's so beautiful. The shoes, the necklace the jacket..love it!

Unknown said...

You have some flippin amazing pieces!

Clara Campelo said...

lovely look!
xx