Monday, June 21, 2010

your arm felt nice wrapped round my shoulder

floral
song of the day: 'fast car' by tracy chapman
one of my friends in high school used to think that this line was 'arms and neck strap round my shoulder.' sounds a bit dangerous, like you were getting strangled or something. i'm certain there was a bet going about what the real words were, and my misinformed friend had to do something truly heinous as a result of losing said bet. there is a book about frequently misquoted song lyrics called 'he's got the whole world in his pants.' it's so funny! i have it somewhere, i need to search around and find it because it's always good for a few laughs.
so i had a wonderful, albeit very hot weekend. saturday, my amazing husband manned my shop for me so i could go spend the day with my dad and eat boiled crawfish. since my car has no a/c the little boy and i were soaked with sweat at the end of our 1.5 hour drive to my parents house. then we ate spicy food in 90 degree heat and at about 4:00 we got in the disgustingly hot car to drive home. i was fairly gamey by the time i got home. but it was a fantastic time. i love spending time with my family.
we had a very relaxing father's day around here. i gave matt his present saturday night, single malt scotch, because well i couldn't resist breaking it open! i made isaiah a shirt that said 'my dad is rad' that he wore all day and after church, the boys went see a movie together and i went running. then i made bruschetta with sun-dried tomato, roasted bell pepper, feta, and basil. and for dinner i broiled some gulf shrimp with pesto drizzled on top and mashed new potatoes with homemade key lime pie for dessert. good stuffs.
floral
floral
floral
floral
floral
matt took my picture over by the chiropractor's office again. this time with a view of the creek. there's a beautiful (slightly dirty) creek that runs through downtown. the natural spring feeds the creek and back in the day it was thought to have healing properties. now you wouldn't even think of getting in it but whatever. i love matt's super artistic pic through the tree. he's so cute.
details:
dress-vintage
belt-vintage
boots-steve madden, idee geniale's closet

6 comments:

Rosie said...

great photos! Stay cool! You sure are looking cool in this purdy dress!!

tess said...

I love the colors on your dress. That sounds like a good father's day, I think they should be kept low key

anne said...

great photos! and your dress is adorable!

Kimberellie said...

Lovely pictures. Yes, the last one is super cool! And sounds like a great Father's day. I feel like I was such a slacker about Father's day. My husband made ME lunch and dinner and he washed the car! Albeit, he wanted to wash the car...Still, bad me. Bad.

But you are GOOD!!

Anonymous said...

hahah! you know that song "i like big butts"? of course you do. silly question. anyway, there's a line where he says..."my anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun." well, my friend abigail thought he said, "my auntie kinda don't want none unless you got buns hun"!!!!! ahahahahahahahah! hysterical.

i've been visiting you a lot over on chictopia cuz i can leave comments.

i haven't forgotten about my bff. ;)

Anonymous said...

Gosh I love this dress so freakin' much!! Matt did a great job with the pictures!! So glad you had a good weekend. Hope you got my postcard :) :) :)