Saturday, June 26, 2010

let me introduce you

GetAttachment.aspxGetAttachment-2.aspx
this is amandromeda!! it's my pride and joy, my baby. i've been at 116 n broadway for about a year and a half now. i love it. it's a ton of fun and i've gotten to meet a lot of people through the shop. it's so gratifying to see people around town wearing stuff that they've bought from me. like when i see someone in one of my dresses i get so giddy. having a shop of my own had been a dream of mine for a long time and i truly feel blessed to be able to do this. and really it's all because my sweet husband matt supports me and gives me money to keep it going. some months are better than others but in a small town it's hard to rely on the income from such a unique little place and if he didn't have a great job with amazing benefits then i couldn't afford to keep it. and it's nice that isaiah can be there with me during the day. sure there are days when i want to ring his neck but it's better than having to pay for childcare. i just put in a movie on the computer and he's cool.
GetAttachment-3.aspxGetAttachment.aspx
GetAttachment-1.aspxGetAttachment-3.aspx
GetAttachment-6.aspxGetAttachment-7.aspx
GetAttachment-8.aspxGetAttachment-10.aspx
GetAttachment-12.aspxGetAttachment-13.aspx
GetAttachment-11.aspxGetAttachment-2.aspx
i sell a lot of different things: some furniture pieces, handmade accessories, vintage and used clothing and whatnot. i have a few handmade cards but i'd like to get more in stock. if any of you make your own cards or know of someone who does could you let me know? and i'd love to start screenprinting stuff too, like shirts and tote bags. hopefully we'll get into that soon because i think it could be a ton of fun.
i know a lot of you have etsy stores, but if you were ever thinking of opening a brick and mortar store as well, i would totally encourage you to do so. i love getting to see my customers face to face and chatting about stuff with them and getting to know them. if you have any questions about it, please feel free to ask. i've gotten to know megan of chicfaced blog and beaucoup vintage over the last few months because she recently opened her own vintage boutique and etsy shop. we've been emailing back and forth for a while talking about our shop and blogs and asking each other for advice and stuff. and things like that make all this worth it. the relationships that you can make. so all that to say, ask if you need to and open a store if you want to :)

20 comments:

Carys said...

Your shop is absolutely beautiful!! I love these pictures, they're so nice!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

chicfaced said...

Eeee! Yay! I love it! It looks like you have so much good stuff, Amanda. Like I just want to get in there and buy stuff. All of those chairs you have are awesome and I love the floral rug - did you thrift that? It is so inviting and eclectic and fun. I really like the collage and those paper lanterns in the lounge area. I feel the same way too, when I see someone in town wearing one of my dresses. Like a proud mama! So so so glad you posted these!

Also, I honestly don't know what I would have done if I hadn't stalked you on Chictopia and e-mailed you - you really have been a lifesaver and such an amazing support over the past 6 months (6 months! crazy town!) HUGE HUGE HELP. :) So, thanks

Swalvs said...

Oh your shop looks like a heaven to me! I'm glad you're happy with it too! I wish I could have chance to see it! But I'm sure I will if I ever have a chance to visit your continent!!! Oh, can we purchase from these photos? :D The blue espadrilles look awesome! And those vintage bags! :) I'm so happy for you! That's so nice to see a piece of you!!!

Lara said...

How fun! My dream is open a vintage shop in my towns historic section (where the postcard is from). If I am ever down by you, I will totally stop in!

archives vintage said...

wow. this is so what i needed to read. just opened an etsy shop in hopes of one day making the leap to brick and mortar. SO GREAT to hear success stories!!! keep it up! your store looks fantastic.

cheers!

Annie, Time Enough for Drums said...

Oh, I'm so glad you posted these! I was wondering about your "brick and mortar" shop. If my first career path doesn't work out, I think I'd like to open up a shop. Did you apply for a business loan and all that? Looks wonderful! Annie.

Meggstatus said...

Your store looks so bad ass. This is my dream venture and I don't think I could imagine a better little gem. From the wood floors to the unique furniture this place is beautiful. You have a really good eye for design. I remember your photos from your home and that was equally impressive. As long as you are able to support this little shop you should do it as long as you can!

Anonymous said...

So freakin' awesome!! I'm so glad you shared this with us, and so happy for you to have such a wonderful shop! You are such an inspiration girl!! Amandromeda is definitely on my bucket list :)

Kimberellie said...

Wow. I want one. Seriously, I want to shop at your store and possibly be YOU. Fricken' amazing.

The Semi Sweet said...

Can I live in your store? I just want to move in and be surrounded by all your pretty things:)

Ana said...

What a beautiful store!!

So, in a completely self-serving question, how would you feel about selling hand-knit accessories? :o)

- Ana
http://www.ToilTroubleStyle.com

merl said...

I hope you have a pull out couch, cuz I'm moving in. PERFECT shop amanda!! I agree with everyone else so far that having an actual location and being able to interact with the customers would be amazing. Kudos lady, kuuuuudooooos.

Shea Lennon said...

What a beautiful, amazing-looking shop! You've talked about your shop before, and I've always wondered what it looked like. Wish I lived closer so I could shop there!!

Lexie said...

wow! you have really put together an amazing place here!

Wardrobe Wars said...

Charming photographs and what looks like an amazing collection of pieces! I wish there were shops like yours in Ireland!
I always love your chictopia outfits so I decided to come to your blog to see more - I really like what I've seen so far. There is such a nice feel to your blog if you know what I mean, and I adore the title banner design.
Check out our blog if you get a chance. We'd love your feedback - follow if you like what you see!
Happy Blogging!
xoxo

http://www.thewardrobewars.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

wow! awesome, shop!! it looks so great, amanda. you did a fantastic job. :) i'm so enviousl that you get to that on a daily basis...how fun! how. fun. i hope to see it in person one day. ;)

Anthea said...

Your store and this post is so inspiring!

I've always wanted to open a shop and perhaps now one day I will.

Avalonne Hall said...

I love your store, it's wonderful, I love how you decorated. It's my dream to be an independent filmmaker... but I also have a dream of opening my own boutique and an art gallery/cafe. Oh some day... one day! :) I love these photos :) Were they taken with a film camera? You should should a polaroid too :)

Second Skin said...

You, my dear, are living the dream. My dream. This is incredible.

Anonymous said...

Awwww this is great!
Ive often thought about opening up my own place but since I'm a country girl at heart, I feel like small town = no big bucks. (as in money... there are definitely plenty of male deer!)

Also, I was wondering, when you have an item on etsy, do you also have it up for grabs in the shop? do you cancel an item and lose your 20 cents every time you sell something in person? or do u have 2 seperate staches? Ive always wondered about that when I consider having a shop.

Along with everyone else, I am envious aswell. this would totally be my dream. Good luck with it all!

Emily