Friday, June 11, 2010

she can do as she pleases she's nobody's fool

lounge
song of the day: 'she's always a woman' by billy joel
cheating again because this song is from 1977 but i love it!! i listen to it all the time while i'm getting ready in the mornings.
i debated heavily on whether or not to even post these photos. they aren't awesome and my outfit isn't even really an outfit per se but what i wore to lounge in yesterday. i had something much more work appropriate on when i was at my shop, don't worry. but whatever, it was comfortable and i felt good. plus i wanted to show you guys my new shoes! i bought these moccasins from action is the fruit and i love them!!! starr (a thought is the blossom) has such a total fab etsy shop and when she posted these shoes in her update recently, i knew they had to be mine. i kept checking on them to make sure they hadn't sold. i was going into cold sweats just thinking about someone swooping in and committing to buy before me. i bit the bullet and purchased. so glad i did! they are the most comfortable things i've ever had on my feet. my dress is the one i won from christina (second skin style) in her first giveaway.
i love that both the dress and the shoes are from amazing women who are beautiful inside and out. that's what's so cool about our community of bloggers and shop owners. we get to know the ladies behind the clothes and it makes us feel so much better about a purchase. it's so different than going to a big chain store and getting impersonal service and then buying the same thing as 100 other girls. don't get me wrong, i have loads of retail clothing. but there is something about buying from someone you respect who has handpicked the pieces and put a lot of their time and love into their store. ya know?
sorry to get so heavy on a friday. i understand that it's a little late in the week to get so deep. but anyway, if you guys haven't gone over to the etsy register, i really would encourage you to. this weekend i'll be getting my biz together to join in on the fun and participate but there are already a ton of bloggers/shop owners who are already on it. you may even discover someone new! i did. and that's the whole purpose of the register.
lounge
lounge
lounge
i had no idea i was going to write so much. i wasn't even gonna post because i wasn't wild about my pics and here i am writing a whole novel for you poor kids to read. thanks for sticking with me :)
and remember to be on the lookout for a cool postcard to send me! i really would love to get a ton of them in the mail. and when they all get here i'll show you the wall.
details:
dress-christina
necklace-etsy store i can't remember

11 comments:

Carys said...

That dress is such a beautiful shape, so perfect for summer!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Anonymous said...

I love simple outfits like oversized shirts. You look so great.

Lucia said...

such a gorgeous moccasins!! I heart it :)

Second Skin said...

Ahh! I love this lounge look on you!! You look so incredibly boho and chic and cool! It belonged to you before you even got it! AND i Love your sassy shorter hair! You just carry it off so well!

Kimberellie said...

Love your hair!! Oh, and yes to those shoes and that dress! I am glad you did post this!

As for the novel, not even! Love to read what you write. And as for heavy? This was the perfect weight ;-). You are lovely and you always say such lovely and encouraging things. So don't apologize! Just keep doing it!

Allison said...

Loving that you wore this just to lounge in...so pretty and yet a little flirty!

Lexie said...

loooooooooooooove the hair/dress/boots combination!

Amanda said...

Those shoes are AMAZING!!! I love them, you are so luckily to have snatched them up so fast!

And the etsy register is amazing! I'm supposed to submit a video/article for posting sometimes soon (once I get the whole video part going ;])

Hannah said...

I really love this outfit. It's so simple, but it's still so chic. I'd love to learn how to make one garment look so simply wonderful without having to "style it up."

I also have a confession and request. Please keep using 80s songs as your titles! I've been in one of those musical funks lately, where I'm just kind of bored with all my music. And I want to get some faster songs, because I want to use them while I'm running. What hit me? 80s songs. But I don't know a whole lot off the top of my head, so I've been looking through your posts and picking through your "songs of the day."
If you have any suggestions, I'd be thrilled to hear them.

Meggstatus said...

Oh my gosh this dress is crazy awesome!

XO
Megan

Sybil said...

ooohh lucky you for getting that dress!! it's so perfect for you!! :D

sybil
Animated Confessions