Friday, March 4, 2011

just to make the good parts last

3/3
song of the day: 'back in the highlife again' by steve winwood
i sure do love fridays. even though i'll be at my shop tomorrow, there's still something about a friday that has a hint of excitement in it.
i felt very 70s nautical in this. and very comfortable and confident. i only wish my pictures turned out better. i didn't have my tripod so i had to improvise. but you know, i'm no photographer in the first place. i just wanted so show off an outfit that made me feel great. and to me that's more important than an awesome photo.
i bought this top from paige at barefoot and vintage. i love it. it's so easy and perfect on a warm day.
3/3
3/3
3/3
3/3
but thursday did bring on more bad news, matt's car (aka highlife) has gone on to the big parking lot in the sky. it's a little bitter sweet. she gave us some good times, but i think she was ready to go. she will always have a special place in our hearts. highlife, we will miss you!
highlife
details:
jeans, shoes, bag-vintage
necklace-thrifted

14 comments:

The Ettatorials said...

This outfit is fantastic! So easy and seems to suit your style well. Have a great weekend :-)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

goodness you're so cute. I love your outfit and these shots are fine photographer or not :P!!

caitlin said...

first of all your outfit is so amazing and classic and you look lovely, as always. i really need to break out some bellbottoms.

secondly: that CAR! is like my dream car. seriously, i've always wanted one just like it, in yellow :)

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

such a cute outfit! i definitely get the nautical vibe, too.

Kimberellie said...

1. I LOVE this outfit.

2. You're crazy! These photos are SO COOL. I love them!!

3. Do you only work Saturdays at your shop? Who works there the other days? How many days are you open? I am SO CURIOUS.

4. You're lovely.

much love: kimberellie (with a baby in her belly)

Anonymous said...

Photo number 2 is just beautiful.

Lindsay Living said...

car: VW Rabbit....or was it a Golf. I have a new Rabbit that I love and it's fun seeing the old ones.

You do look very 70s nautical in this outfit. I love the cut of those pants. They're sooooo stinkin' cute!

Lindsay Living

Yajaira said...

love the striped top with trouser pants - the flats are cute too!

Unknown said...

wonderful outfit xxx

tm said...

aww, bye old car! i got rid of my 89 camry about a year and a half ago, and it was bittersweet (i love not having a car anymore, though). older cars have much more character than newer models.

C said...

Aw, I'm sad for your car! :-(

But I adore the outfit. The 70s nautical vibe is truly fantastic.

Anonymous said...

aww, poor car! but those shoes, i want them! the whole outfit is very cute.

Rebekka Seale said...

Love LOVEEEE that outfit! Looks so comfy and carefree!

Zoƫ said...

OHHHHHHHHMYGOSH I love this look.

You do 70s like nobody else, lady. And it's perfect. That sweater, too?? Dear me! I love it (way to go, Paige!).

Also, I'm sad for this car. It looked freaking awesome.

Ah well, there are more cars in the lot.... (what?)

Haiku.