Thursday, March 10, 2011

it's a long way down the holiday road

3/9
song of the day: 'holiday road' from national lampoon's vacation
i am so excited because merl, lisa, and emily are on their way to my house AS WE SPEAK (er, i mean, WRITE)! and then tomorrow morning, we'll be making on way down to austin, texas for the texas style conference. i'm so super excited to meet some of the bloggers i've been stalking (i mean, following) for a while and learn more and mostly HAVE FUN! man, i'm doing a lot of type-yelling this morning. i just want to make sure you're AWAKE.
of course, i haven't even started packing and i know that i will be stuffing my entire closet in my suitcase. i'm typically an overpacker anyway, but times like these take extra clothes. i mean, hello, i have to look AWESOME (there i yelled again).
so i need to pry myself away from the computer so i can get some things done. it's gonna be a busy day!
3/9
3/9
3/9
3/9
3/9
3/9
details:
dress-vintage via ebay
coat-charlotte russe via my sister in law
cardigan-target
leggings-walmart
shoes-cole haan via the thrift
bag-vintage via the thrift

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a blast on your road trip! It's been a long time since I saw 75 degrees so I hardly know what to pack. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time and give merl lots of sloppy kisses for me. I hope you guys have fun [and maybe take some pictures, I'd love to live it vicariously through you ladies :)]

Zoë said...

Wah.

I'm jealous.

But I love these polka dot number you have here. And I'm still really in love with your hair. Really, really in love.

But I'm still jealous.

Zoë

The Semi Sweet said...

You look gorgeous! I'm in love with that polka dot dress you have. I hope you all have a ton of fun on the road trip. I'm so sad I couldn't go this year:( Poor me...but I'll be living vicariously through you! hehe!!

Unknown said...

oh i love that jacket... road trips are the best, too. you get to see so much! and the camera is important in documenting it all!

Bren
B So Chic!
http://www.bsochic.blogspot.com

islabell said...

HAVE AN AMAZING TRIP! ahhh. i love that butterfly in the stomach excitement.
you look lovely and your shoes are devine
x

caitlin said...

how exciting!! i'm so jealous of all you bloggers heading down to the conference... it sounds like it will be an amazing time! :)

speaking of amazing, i think that the navy polka dot/khaki coat combo might be my favorite ever.

Amanda said...

Aw, how exciting, you'll be coming to my city! Next year I'll definitely have to go to the conference, I won't be this year because I'm going to D.C. I hope you have a blast though!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

You're beautiful. Love this outfit. I hope you have a great time with your new friends. That must be so really cool. Hope it's exciting and memorable for you.

Marie said...

Those shoes are so perfect with that dress, I never would have thought I would like a flat so well.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge