Wednesday, February 23, 2011

they need love to help them heal

2/22
song of the day: 'don't let the sun go down on me' by elton john
i feel as though i'm in some sort of transition. i have no idea what it could be, but i've felt very unsettled for the last few months, emotionally and physically. i know i've talked about it before, and the feeling comes and goes, but i've just been in a malaise as of late. and I HATE IT. of course, we've had a particularly bad winter and even the nicer days are still cloudy. i'm hoping it's just the winter doldrums. plus, i've had a sore ankle for a while and i'm worried that i'm going to have to take time off of running to get it better. i don't even know what i did to it, but running in snow and ice hasn't helped it heal. UGH!!!!
sorry to complain. even though this is my blog, i don't really want to abuse it. i'm thankful to have you all as readers and i don't want to alienate you by unloading my crazy on you. but i do want to be transparent and honest. it's just been an emotionally tough few months for me and every once in a while, it gets to me.
NOW go have a fabulous wednesday :)
2/22
2/22
2/22
2/22
details:
cardigan-target
tee-etsy
jeans-thrifted levis

7 comments:

acute angle said...

I think these feelings come and go. Icky weather and sore body parts probably aren't helping!! Sometimes when I get in these funks I try to list off all the things I'm grateful for in my life or take a long walk outside to clear my mind.

These jeans are FANTASTIC!! love the cropped length and wider leg. Cute.cute.cute!

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

i think it's totally normal to get stuck in a funk sometimes, and cold weather + sore body parts isn't the best way to get out of it. perhaps hot cocoa and bad movies might help?

Libby said...

amazing loafer! :)

C said...

Amanda, I canNOT tell you how much I identify with this post. I have been deep into the winter blues lately. Hopefully March kicks it in the ass soon. :)

LOVE the cropped jeans, too.

The Ettatorials said...

Hey Amanda, I go through those phases too. I hope you start to feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are safe tonight...admiring the short water britches.

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

what is on your shirt? i can't really see it and am curious!