Monday, February 7, 2011

picture perfect memories

2-6
song of the day: 'i need you now' by lady antebellum
it was sooooo hard to get up this morning!! i've been used to sleeping in and lounging around, but now it's back to school and back to normal. so lame.
so did everyone watch the game yesterday??? as much as it pained me that my patriots weren't in it, i did have a good time watching and cheering on the packers. being total football fans, we only stayed at a party for the first half. for us, the super bowl isn't about parties and commercials, it's about football. that is it, and that is all. but this is very bittersweet for me: the next game isn't for another 8 months :(
and i'm wearing the sweater my dad bought me. i think he did such a great job picking it out. i pose a bit of a gift-buying conundrum for him because he can't imagine buying used things. but i think he got it pretty right this time.
oh and i think i'm going to begin an obsession with glee. yes, i do think it's coming.
2-6
2-6
2-6
2-6
2-6
2-6
2-6
2-6
details:
dress-vintage, thrifted and hemmed shorter
sweater-gift from my dad
shawl-thrifted
shoes-urban outfitters

10 comments:

Chicca said...

Love everything about this outift!!!
You look great and your style is amazing!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

the other emily said...

Wow, I really love this look - the colors and textures complement one another really beautifully. I'm always a little perplexed about how to wear short-sleeve sweaters, but this one looks great layered like this, so maybe I will have to give them a try. Good on your Dad for picking this one out. :)
the other emily

Unknown said...

Slendid outfit! And I can heartily echo the had to drag myself out of bed sentiment!!

Madilyn Peiper said...

I really love the overall brown and sepia tones within the photos!

Jessica said...

This is such a great outfit! What a wonderful gift from your dad and I love the print on that dress!

- Jessica
theaspentree.blogspot.com

Veronika Novotny said...

Oh, how I love this! I adore the colour palette and the shoes + scarf, are amazing!

Nope. No game for me. I am one of those crazy people that don't really watch TV. xx veronika

archives vintage said...

WOW, go dad! he did a great job!

i am SO with you on the extra case of monday blues! getting up at 6.30am today was PAINFUL. :S

Anonymous said...

Dad has great taste!

KANI said...

your brown vest and scarf are amazing!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

Well tell your dad he has good taste in nice clothes. That's really cute that he bought that for you. What a good daddy to spoil you from time to time.

I didn't watch the superbowl. I have no T.V. channels.