Monday, February 14, 2011

gift to me forever

2-11
song of the day: 'kissing you' by des'ree
i feel like a giddy little girl today! i am so excited about the meal i have planned for tonight, my gift for matt (wink wink), and just what this holiday means to me. i know not everyone is into it, and that's okay. for me, it's kind of magical. and no amount of bad commercials for lame cards, heart shaped diamond necklaces, and boxed chocolates can take that away from me (and believe me, i've already told matt that if he ever buys me one of the above, it's over.)
and i know that you're supposed to be romantic every day of the year. why do you have to have a holiday to remind you and isn't it just an evil ploy to get you to buy more stuff? and if all this was true, there would be no unhappy marriages and divorce would be nonexistent. whatever. it's too easy to let life get in the way. today is just one day to set aside and make an effort. and that is very important.
so, have a very happy valentines day! and if you don't have a sweetheart, make sure you let your friends and family know how much they mean to you :)
2-11
2-11
2-11
2-11
2-11
details:
jeans-thrifted levi's
blouse-vintage
sweater-banana republic that i've had forever complete with holes
boots-vintage, thrifted

7 comments:

Avalonne Hall said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Amanda.

Sorry for being M.I.A. Just been dealing with a lot recently. If you haven't read the girl from hk, ldn & sf is defunct and I've started a new blog, so please feel free to check it out.

I adored your post about V-Day. I definitely have mixed feelings about today. Since I've never really celebrated this day before. So maybe one day if that exceptional person comes along, then maybe I'll feel the same way. But for now, I feel like it's like any other day. But I'm definitely dressing up for the day! :)

Enjoy your lovely celebration with Matt!

kate maggie said...

Love your Vday outlook! I love Valentines Day so much. I hope you have a wonderful day with your hubby. Im sure he will love whatever gifts you get him!! I know what you mean..I told Nathan to never get me any of those either or else I would break up with him! haha. Just takes the romance out of it for me! Love your jeans and your blouse girl. You look so pretty today. xo

Unknown said...

Happy valentine's day! that blouse has such a fun collar, and I love it with the "tough" boyfriend jeans and boots.

I think it's really good to be romantic, too, and I know that I never am enough. I'm just not a very romantic person! Sweet, sure, loving, sure, but I don't think to buy my love little presents or say nice things nearly enough. I like how Valentine's Day reminds me how grateful I am and how much I have in my boyfriend :)

I hope that you have a wonderful night!

Sophi

Rosie said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Amanda! Hope you and Matt enjoy eachother! Great jeans too!

Anonymous said...

Yours is the first blog I've visited that stuck up for the day. Hope it has turned out as well as you envisioned it.

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I love how you are usually the first person to comment on my entries. That really thrills me, so I thought I'd let you know about it.

Your outfit is great here. I love the style of the blouse the best.

It upsets me how on facebook on V-Tines day, my cousin who has been in a relationship for a good 4 years or so said how she hates valentine's day with a passion and think it is awful. . why can't people show love to others in general on the day, rather than be stuck up about it? It's a pretty positive day but people always hate it and associate it in general with significant others instead of loving people in general.

Kimberellie said...

love this look. sheesh you have style!