Tuesday, February 15, 2011

you make lovin' fun

heart
song of the day: by fleetwood mac
so i hope you all are in your comfy chairs because i gots a lot of photos to share!
i found this dress on etsy and immediately fell in love with it. it was maybe a touch more than i wanted to spend on such a dress, but as soon as it came in the mail, i realized it was worth the price. it fits perfectly and is very comfortable. and the peter pan collar??? seriously, the cutest.
heart
earlier in the day i took outdoor photos. then i went to pick up my son from school and by the time i got around to loading the pictures on the computer, finding i hated them, i was too worn out to lug the camera and tripod out again. instead, i decided to take them in my room. i actually really love how they came out.
heart
heart
heart
heart
heart
photo-2
our valentine's was so much fun. i hid away little notes for matt so he'd get them throughout the day. i decorated the fridge with construction paper hearts and sweet sayings. put fresh sheets on the bed ;) and made sure the kiddo went to bed early.
photo-1
i saw these adorable beer glasses on etsy a few weeks back and knew i had to buy them. matt is currently sporting a stache so these were only fitting. and i poured him a glass of beer when he got home from work.
photo-4
i have a thing for eating with my hands. there's just something about it, ya know? so for dinner, i put together a cheese spread. we had baked brie, gouda, and asiago with a baguette, fruit, almonds, olives, and dark chocolate. and of course, champagne. we sat around the coffee table and lounged on pillows while we ate. it was such a relaxing time to talk and enjoy a slow and easy meal together.
photo-6
photo-5
and to top off the evening, there were some pretty things from the loved one. ;)
photo-3
details:
cardigan-target
lingerie-the loved one

31 comments:

jessie said...

i absolutely love your dress! so cute- great find!

Allison Bellomy said...

LOVE this dress on you! super cute!

Unknown said...

you look stunning in that dress!! and OH MY DAYS I NEED that underwear set!! it is just darling! soo glad you had a lovely valentines! ... me too!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love your dress! it's so cute. I've been eyeing that little lingerie set! lucky you ^,^

The Ettatorials said...

Your dress is adorable and how lovely is that new lingerie?!

archives vintage said...

that is an AWESOME dress. and i SO love the goods from the loved one! :)

Julie said...

cute dress! food that doesn't require utensils always tastes better. proven fact!

hannah kristina metz said...

I kid you not, my belly is rumbling at this post! That spread looks amazing!

I'm so glad to hear that you spent the night with the loved one O_O!

xo

Nicole Martin said...

I'm eating lunch with my hands as I read this... carrots & pita to dip into babaganoush & tzatziki :)

~Nicole

C said...

Your Valentines stuff is so damn cute! And I love the indoor photos; they look perfect with that adorable new dress!

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

i've been wanting something from the loved one, just haven't had the chance to splurge on it yet. and that dress - SO cute. it reminds me of the one that is very similar from zara that was making it's way around the blogosphere in the fall. truth be told, i like yours better.

Megan said...

You in that dress + the dresser and suitcase remind me of an anthropologie ad, ya know? Everything works!

And it looks like you guys had a perfecto Valentine's day! :)

Anonymous said...

sooo cute, what a great find!!

Carys said...

I love the indoor pictures, and your dress is so nice! This is definitely my favourite post of yours to date, I just love it!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Ana said...

That dress is perfect! I've been wishing for a dress just like that, but haven't found one yet.

I saw that lingerie on Calivintage and thought about buying it, but I'm so afraid of buying stuff like that without seeing it first. Were you happy with it?

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

what a wonderful dress and these photos are quite lovely indeed. I'm sorry your other ones didn't turn out the way you had hoped at all though. Looks like such a creative and lovely Valentine's Day!!!! yey! love the lingerie too! I have a weakness for nice underwear because I own a lot!

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

love your dress. I need it! x


devorelebeaumonstre.com

Anonymous said...

that dress is marvelous. it seriously looks like it was made for you. i really like the lighting and your "ambiance" in these photos... and the title of the post is obviously pretty rad :)

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with that dress, don't think I've ever seen something like it, is beautiful - awesome find!

http://blog.cessoviedo.com

Melanie said...

Great find in the dress. And it sounds like a wonderful day! :)

Pagan Baby http://paganbabyvintage.wordpress.com/ said...

Absolutely gorgeous dress!
Amazing lingerie!!!!!

Flashes of Style said...

Hi! Oh this dress is so sweet I love that peterpan collar. That's crazy that you live in Siloam Springs!! Is that your boutique a few posts down? If so it is soo adorable! I would love to stop by :)

alexandra grecco said...

such a cute dress ; )

x
alexandra

www.alexandragrecco.etsy.com

caitlin said...

sounds like you had an amazing valentine's day!! i also love eating with my hands--your spread actually made me really crave cheesy fondue! might have to make some...

ps that dress is absolute perfection.

the other emily said...

Sounds like you guys had such a super-sweet Valentine's Day :)

I absolutely love this dress too, especially with those navy tights. Short dresses with long sleeves always make me feel like an ice skater, and the effect is even better with that adorable collar. Sometimes an etsy splurge can really pay off!
the other emily

tara-lynn / good night, day said...

i got my lingerie too!
enid ate all my candy.
amazing dress.
& thanks for your words of encouragement sweetie, it was really kind of you.
tara-lynn

myedit said...

I want your house and I want to be your valentine. Too much?

Emily Rose said...

wow! that dress really is the cutest! and i got a TLO piece too! "the bed and how to make it" was my choice.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, are these outfit pictures or are you secretly a model and you scanned these from a magazine?
I don't know what vibe I'm getting here... almost anthropology(ie?)
I donno but it all fits so well together.
And this dress IS pretty damn amazing. you are too freaking cute. This really makes me want to go dress hunting in thrift stores ASAP.
Oh man. a couple more days.

Kimberellie said...

great post. love that you showed us pics of your underthings! You are the greatest Amanda!

Libby said...

I found your blog via The Upside of Wonder, and I'm so glad I did! That dress is adorable!!!