Wednesday, February 2, 2011

snow day!

in lieu of posting outfit photos (since i wore leggings and a sweatshirt all day), i thought i'd share some pics of our pretty snow fall.
photo-6
the building across the street from us. there were times when the snow was coming down so hard that you couldn't even see past that building!
photo-7
matt. do i need to say more? he went down to see if we could get inside either of our cars. that answer was NO. they were frozen shut!
photo-2
this is looking up broadway from the park. my lonely little car is parked on the street outside our building over on the right of the photo.
photo-1
and this was the beginning of my very cold four mile run in blizzard conditions. maybe not my most brilliant of ideas, but it was so pretty. there were times i had to stop and turn my back to the wind because my face was pelted with snow and ice. it was a rough one, but worth it :)
photo-3
the park by my house. it looked so serene with all the snow. this is one of my favorite places in town.
photo-4
the cemetery looked eerily beautiful under a blanket of powdery white.
photo-5
from the bridge over the creek heading into another park. this is another favorite part of town. i always feel like i'm in another place when i run across this bridge.
photo-10
photo-9
the pizza place across from our house. they were like the only place open yesterday! and so convenient that they are so close. we had pizza and wine for lunch. which was very welcomed after trudging through all that snow for almost an hour!!
photo-8

13 comments:

Carys said...

Wow, it looks so beautiful, these pictures are incredible!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Unknown said...

The pictures are gorgeous; it makes me want some snow! I really like the last one.....is it lunch time yet? hehe

archives vintage said...

gorgeous photos! i still cant believe you went running!!! we had pizza last night, too - perfect snow day food :)

caitlin said...

holy! i cannot believe you went for a run in those conditions--you are dedicated, my dear!

ps pizza and wine in a snowstorm = perfection.

Eleanor said...

Your town is really too dreamy for words!
Love these photos especially the one of your hubs in the street ~ too funny!

Alaina said...

Your town is literally picture perfect.

And I don't know where you are from, but most of Ohio is basically covered with a blanket of snow. I'm from Northern Ohio, and the city is closed. But I live in Southern Ohio, where there is literally no snow on the ground.

xox alainastyle

Pagan Baby http://paganbabyvintage.wordpress.com/ said...

i live in the coastside and I usually never see thesnow :S but in my boy's hometown is every winter, I'm waiting for the next snow! lovely pictures!!!!!!

Meggstatus said...

Your little town looks so cozy covered in all of this snow! And pizza was the perfect choice for the weather.

<3

elizabeth said...

your town looks adorable! I love these photos!!

Anna said...

pretty pictures, serene & the last pizza picture was a yummy ending haha

Zoƫ said...

Eeee!!! Such pretty photos!

Enjoy your snuggly wuggly snow days! And please, for the love, do not go jogging in a blizzard.

Thank you.

|Haiku Ambulance|

Anonymous said...

Your town is the most charming place EVER! With the snow all around and the lovely old storefronts, I keep expecting to see Jimmy Stewart walking around in a trench coat.

I can't wait to see this place for myself when we swing by to pick you up for...the Texas Style Council Conference! WOOHOO!!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

These are so great. I especially love the shot of the park by your house.