Thursday, February 3, 2011

tear up this town

2-3
song of the day: 'footloose' by kenny loggins
just wanted to pop in and say hi! it's still a winter wonderland around here and we're expected to get more! i'm starting to think punxsutawney phil has nooooooo idea what he's talking about. anyone else feel the same way?
oh and that first pic was taken by isaiah! he's a regular photog. we were making our snowy trek to the shop and i was snapping pictures of him the whole way and so i had him take this one of me. that pile is so big! man, most of siloam is still a total mess. we just don't have the resources for weather like this with proper plows and precautionary measures. most roads are still totally covered with ice and snow.
confession: i really hate these boots and the way they make my legs look super stumpy. i hated all my outfit shots because of them. i don't think they're gonna be around much longer.
2-3
2-3
details:
jeans-topshop
shirt-thrifted polo denim
shawl-thrifted
boots-are not allowed back in my life

9 comments:

C said...

Aw, I actually really like those boots! I don't think they make you look stumpy at all! But I do understand how you feel. Sometimes there are just those pieces that don't feel right. Isaiah's photo skills are awesome! That first picture is beautiful.

Oh, and ol' groundhog Phil is full of shit. I think winter is here for the long haul.

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

i like those boots! they look big and clunky and bad-ass.

i hope to god that the stupid groundhog was right. i've become a hermit due to the cold.

Anonymous said...

Wait to part with the boots until this weather is over. The shawl is beautiful!

Julie said...

I love that shawl! I have an old shawl of my mom's that I wear like a scarf in the winter...that will hopefully end soon...

archives vintage said...

what?! i love those boots! they look comfy and not stumpy at all. that is a lot of snow! i feel your pain, haha.

Unknown said...

I do like thew boots, but sometimes there are just clothes that you can't make yourself like! I really love the shawl, it's so lacy and pretty!=)

minnja said...

stunning outfit :))

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

The Semi Sweet said...

You do not look stumpy. I like those boots, but if they make you feel less than spectacular then they don't belong in your life. I hope you guys have fun with all that snow:)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

my sis-in-law wears a similar looking shawl constantly whenever I see her even in the summer! so this reminded me of that. Only difference is that you style things well and she is 24 going on 80 with how she wears it.