Monday, November 8, 2010

only cares for joyful giving

11-7
song of the day: 'heal the world' by michael jackson
i managed to make the pledge button last night!!!!! when it comes to html, i am pretty much an idiot so there was a lot of frustrated hair pulling and irritated whining when things didn't go right, but i am fairly proud of myself for getting it done. so please please please consider making the pledge with me! just grab the code from over in my side bar. if you do, leave me a comment so i know who you are. i'd love to make a list of participants. and this may be a giveaway opportunity. ooohhh, what a good idea! sometimes i'm like so smart and stuff. yes, if you decide to join me in this, leave a comment and what not and by next monday the 15th i'll randomly draw a name and the winner will get a little gift from me. handcrafted or secondhand, of course :)
but, this was a very good weekend for amandromeda (my shop). i had so much traffic on saturday that i even stayed open later and the holiday open house yesterday was awesome. we had tons of people come through and some great sales. it's pretty exciting. all the time i get brand new customers who've never been in before but i also have those people that come in every couple weeks that i'm getting to know by name. as much as i love having an etsy shop, there's nothing like seeing people try on my clothes and fall in love with my store. i know i've said it a thousand times (seemingly), but if you've been thinking of opening up a brick and mortar to compliment your etsy, you totally should!!! it's pretty rewarding.
so i didn't wear my awesome sequin sweater because we had a bit of a warm up over the weekend and it ended up being 70 degrees. much too balmy for a lambswool sweater. i will bring it out soon though. promise.
11-7
11-7
11-7
11-7
11-7
details:
dress-vintage, from my shop
sleeveless top-vintage
boots-vintage
accessories, vintage (except for sunglasses, those are from cato)

10 comments:

Carrie said...

Count me in on the pledge! Your cute button is up on my blog and everything.

Oh, and my friend and I are planning on making a trip to your shop someday. We live in Ohio and we're planning on taking a big thrifting/vintage shopping road trip tour of the Midwest. Two of our stops include your shop and Red Velvet in Missouri! :)

Unknown said...

gorgeous dress!! LOVE this look xx

archives vintage said...

LOVE how you layered this! i'm definitely pledging!!!

Snappy-Q said...

Wow, I am so impressed with your pledge button! I have no idea how to use html, so the fact that you did this is crazy to me.
Love your dress with the vest too.

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

this dress is beautiful. good job on the button too. I'll have to talk to my husband about it.

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

i would love to see pictures of the inside of your store!

Ana said...

How exciting, I'm glad you had a good weekend for sales! I hope people are starting to notice the knits, though it might still be too warm there. I second Veronika, I'd love to see some photos!

Lucy, Dear Fish said...

I am definitely in on the pledge! I put the badge up. I think this is really important...I generally thrift or knit all of my christmas presents and it is a good idea to raise awareness about the amount that we consume at Christmas! Now I have to figure out how to make good wrapping paper which is reusable!

Madilyn Peiper said...

I was planning on doing a completely handmade and possibly thrifted christmas. I'm planning on making gifts for most of my family and friends. I was however planning to buy a few things for my boyfriend that I cannot easily make, such as under garments.

Snappy-Q said...

I added the pledge button too!
http://snappy-q.blogspot.com
But I do plan on buying a few select items, hopefully that doesn't discount my pledge...