Thursday, November 11, 2010

land of the free

11-10
song of the day: 'star spangled banner' by francis scott key (happy veteran's day!!!!)
while i was taking these pictures, a lady walked by and yelled over to me 'be sure to check yourself for ticks! i walked my dogs in that grass and got home and was crawling with ticks.' i said 'thanks!' very strange.
i really only wore this for the second half of my day. earlier, i was wearing a denim shirt over a dress. i took pics of it but as the day went on, i was increasingly uncomfortable in it. for one thing, it was really windy and i was having to hold the skirt down all the time, plus it just didn't feel like me. merl talked about such things on her blog yesterday, and while reading it, i realized that i was trying too hard to venture out of my comfort zone. i mean, yeah, there are times that we need to branch out and try something new, but it still has to feel right. and yesterday i couldn't wait to get the heck out of that dress! the minute i put this outfit on, i was comfortable and more confident. it really is funny how clothing is way more than just a covering for our bodies, but that it can affect our moods and the way we carry ourselves.
and, just so you know, i didn't find any ticks.
11-10
11-10
11-10
11-10
details:
blouse-vintage
cardigan-thrifted ann taylor
shorts-vintage
boots-vintage

14 comments:

Think Twice Style said...

I love this look! That sweater looks so snuggly! I've tried to do the whole knee socks with boots thing and have yet to feel like it's "me" so I feel your pain. I have a blouse that looks like that and I think it's from Forever 21.
How do you style your hair? Mine is a little longer than yours and when I leave it natural and poofy, it doesn't look nearly as good as yours!

Unknown said...

This is a lovely outfit! love the colours, and the socks suit you, no doubt about that.

xxx Charlie
http://www.femininebravery.com/

archives vintage said...

dude. you have the most AMAZING legs! seriously - you should be freaking proud of them!!! hot, girl.

i adore this outfit! but i love all of your outfits. great legs, great style. you should rename your blog, haha.

Renee Nabam said...

well..you're right about that....clothes do affect our moods....anyways...love the denim shorts....!!!!

Snappy-Q said...

I totally agree about clothes needing to feel "right". Sometimes I try something new and its good, and other times I just want to go home and change.
This look definitely suits you! It must be those running legs!

KristiMcMurry said...

great outfit. I totally agree with you, too. I have started taking note of outfits that I feel more comfortable in, and I'm planning on doing some closet cleansing soon...there are just some things that don't feel "me!"

Glad you didn't come home with ticks! Those things are grosssssss

C said...

I'm glad you didn't find any ticks! :)

And I love the socks with the awesome shorts!!

Kristin said...

you look beautiful. i love your whole outfit!

Vantage Point Vintage said...

This look is great on you, amazing!

Cheers,
Jenny @vpv

http://www.shopVPV.com

Morgan and Lua said...

I usually only stray away from my comfort zone to try and define my style in different ways. Or if I see something I like on someone else I'll try it on me. If it doesn't work, no problem, I still know what does. I like this outfit on you. You look comfortable and content in it.

but really ticks are terrible little things. my brother and a lot of my friends have lyme disease and it is no bueno.

tara-lynn / good night, day said...

those boots!!!!!!
i find it hard to find vintage boots for some reason.

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

at least the woman was looking out for your best interest and doesn't want you to get lymes or anything. ticks are insane in NJ. . .I know 4 people who had lymes disease from them. not fun.

I love the colours of this outfit!!!

hannah and landon said...

ohhhh, soooo goooood. I'm always terrified of tick attacks O_o.

Kimberellie said...

Hey kitten,

fricken' ADORABLE!!! Yes, I love love love love!!! Everything about this look. So much so that I may steal it completely. You just wait and see me do it! I have just the right pieces too! I hope that you find this flattering and not creepy or smarmy. ;-)

but must go, spend time with husband, just had to see what you were wearing, a compulsion, I know. Will check out the rest of your outfits tomorrow, a compulsion, really. I have it. You're awesome.

heart: Kimberellie