Monday, August 15, 2011

school daze

back to school, back to school, to prove to dad that i'm not a fool. i got my lunch packed up, my shoes tied tight. i hope i don't get in a fight.
that song has been in my head all morning. my little guy started first grade this morning. i still can't believe it! he's just so big now.
got my shoes tied tight
this kid is AMPED
no, he was not excited to start back. even getting to wear his awesome new boba fett t-shirt.
shy guy
we got to school right at the same time as some other friends so that kinda helped. plus we got our picture taken together....well, kinda. he wasn't super pumped about the photos.
got a smile
time to learn
it's gonna be a great year :)

6 comments:

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

awww how cute. Love the photos here. I think that billy madison song is great for the beginning of a school year. Still crazy to me to think that around here school starts in three more weeks for most everyone while by you it's right now!
When do they all get out of school? must be early? kids here get out usually around the 17th of June (or around that number).

jenloveskev said...

oh man! So cute! Now I am going to be singing that song all day. Oh I love Billy Madison. Hope he has a great first day back!

Amanda Blair said...

I just started reading your blog and had no idea you were a Mom. Crazy! He's a cutie! Hope he has a great first day...I miss going to school and back to school supply shopping! le sigh.

Anonymous said...

love billy madison! one of my faves.
good luck on your first day back, little (big) man!

Maryna M said...

Congrats))) Such a big step for a little boy) I remember my first day at school - it's always such a precious memory)

http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Somehow over the summer when he was snapping your photos, I forgot how young he is. I went to open house tonight with my grandson, who is also in first grade.