Friday, June 24, 2011

friday funday

6.23
this is going to be a fantastic weekend. my nieces are coming to stay with us and we have loads of fun things planned for when they're here. they are 10 and 15 and this is the first time either one has spent the night with me! isaiah and anna (who is 10) get along soooo well. they are like two peas in a pod. both have vivid imaginations and love to dream up weird games and play play play. grace (15) is super smart and creative and independent. i just want to get to know her better before she grows up and gets tons of boyfriends and doesn't care about her crazy aunt in arkansas. (and yes i am the crazy one :) but i'm really excited for the girls to get here!
and i have been really influenced by tomboy style lately. i love that blog and the whole look and feel of it. it's such a comfortable and easy style and elevates the wearing of pants, which is one of my favorite things. i need to update my blog roll to all my new obsessions!
and speaking of updating, i updated my etsy shop with lots of fun things :) so check it out!
6.23
6.23
6.23
6.23
6.23
6.23
6.23
6.23
details:
tee-from janette (fashion love people)
jeans-dvf, thrift
shoes-urban outfitters
bag-d&b, from my shop

12 comments:

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

I really like all your little dresses but I LOVE you in this kind of style! The shoes are amazing!
Have fun with your nieces! My mom is visiting...it'll probably be more stressful than fun...lol!

C said...

Yeah, I have been mad obsessed with Tomboy Style lately, too. Makes me want to throw out all my girly shit and wear only jeans and oxfords.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

another winning outfit! have fun with your weekend!

jesse.anne.o said...

A lot of your recent posts reminded me of Tomboy Style so I'm glad to hear you say that. I have really liked a lot of the tomboy-style outfits both on your blog and also on TS.

Nicole Martin said...

My wish is to be the crazy aunt one day... to me, that's the best kind ;)

Anonymous said...

super cute, amanda! i don't think there's any look on the planet you can't pull off! :)

have a lovely weekend with your nieces!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

You have one of the best casual styles around, Amanda. I'd lost track of your blog, but so glad to be reaquainted via Islabell's. I wish I could wear jeans like that!

hillary said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

You pull off the tomboy look really well. I've been keeping an eye out for denim pants like this, are they mens by chance? Anytime I find womens vintage high waisted jeans they fit funny in the hip area but boys jeans hang really nice.

Anonymous said...

Is that watch vintage? It is so striking, do you mind me asking the brand? It reminds me of the watch my father used to wear :)


-Kara
kakronti@indiana.edu

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

aww your nieces sound like sweet girls. I hope that I will be able to make fond memories with my future niece due to be born in a couple weeks and my step-niece (who is just starting to adjust slowly to me, but seems to like me thus far. She's 13 so it's going to take a couple years probably for her to warm up to the new changes). What are some fun things you do with your nieces??

I really think you are able to do the tomboy look perfectly well! So lovely, you know that? I think jeans and those shoes are wonderful. Reminds me of Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal video. ;)

Anonymous said...

Just foundy your blog. Got to say that you can wear those jeans pretty well, and the hat does suit you.

Anonymous said...

hope you're having a wonderful time with your nieces this weekend! i'm sure they are having a blast hanging out with the cool aunt! :)
it amazes me how you can throw on jeans and a tshirt and look this put together and stylish. you've got mad skills, lady! :)