Tuesday, June 28, 2011

faux weekend

6.27
i really do love my summer mondays. they're kinda like extensions of the weekend for me. i get up and meet friends to run in the morning then go lounge by the pool and eat watermelon and drink iced tea all afternoon. can you think of anything better? i sure can't. and i'm getting such a delicious tan! i wear sunscreen (kinda) and yesterday i kept my hat and sunglasses on the whole time to protect my face. i'm trying to be smart about the sun but then on the other hand i just want to soak it up. it reminds me of when i was a kid. and then i ended my faux weekend with a glass of wine and some dove dark chocolate and etsy searching and shawshank redemption watching. awesome.
but now it's tuesday and my quasi monday and i have to work all day. and i'm tired just thinking about it. but then again, i own the place so it's not all that bad :)
6.27
6.27
6.27
6.27
6.27
details:
blouse-ysl, thrift
shorts-vintage, thrift
shoes-bass, reanimated rags, etsy
hat-thrift

8 comments:

lauren said...

i love how you are wearing those (Eastland?) loafers JUST like we wore them in high school, with the laces all twisted up!

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Your monday sounds amazing! I wish that's what I'd be doing...instead I've had a crazy headache for two days :(

You look fab, as usual :)

the other emily said...

Wow, I think that sounds like the most perfect Monday in the history of all Mondays - and you get to do that every week? Bra-VO, lady, you have officially won at life. :)

And by the way, I am loving all of your summery looks lately, you've been giving me loads of hot-weather outfit inspiration. Now, if only I could pull off a cute hat...

Kitsune-kun said...

sounds like a lovely time! LOVe your shorts! so so cute:)

Anonymous said...

I don't really tan anyway, but this is the first year when I'm feeling ultra protective of my skin. I am so fearful of cancers and wrinkles. Ahh, old age.

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, that mustache bag couldn't get any cuter. Your blouse is gorgeous; the print reminds me of snakeskin a little bit. And your tan looks terrific!

xoxo
Em

Anonymous said...

Yes, please. I'm now thinking of rearranging my weekly schedule to include an extended weekend. Such ease. (I apologize for sounding like a broken record). That's what you ooze. It's what I think of for summer and your outfits are just that.
Van of The Clothes We Wear
Wearing motherhood with style.

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

Your top is so beautiful.
you always look tan to me, unless I have adjusted to when you do tan? Someone told me once that when you tan, it is the skin's reaction to the sun harming you, that although it might look pretty, your skin is screaming, "ahhh, what are you doing to me." . . .so ever since I actually get scared if I get color because my skin screams at me and I don't want to make it mad. hahaha. Is that odd of me?