Wednesday, May 25, 2011

crazy

5.24
sitting here, listening to the rain, hoping there's not a tornado tonight. i've been tracking these storms ever since oklahoma city and they are finally within 30 miles of my house. really really really not wanting to deal with this weather anymore!!!!!!!!
on another note...i love this dress. i don't wear florals very often since it kinda makes me feel a bit too girly. i don't know, i'm much more a denim gal :) but sweet kim (pineapple mint vintage) put this lovely little 90s sundress in with my purchase of this bag and a pair of shorts that i bought from her etsy shop. and well, it's awesome. i love the frayed edges and the muted colors. i wore it another time and then washed it. that seemed to shrink it a bit and now it fits a lot better and is just the greatest thing. i will be wearing it often. thanks kim!!!!
and well now the sirens are going off. rad. we'll be okay though. i'm in a 100 year old brick building! it's survived this long, it'll keep on surviving, right??????????? but i am on the second floor with all the windows open still writing this post............i think they're precautionary sirens. yeah, that's it. just gonna keep on sipping my wine. fingers crossed!!!
5.24
5.24
5.24
5.24
5.24
5.24
details:
dress-from kim (pineapple mint vintage)
cardigan-target
bag-vintage, pineapple mint vintage, etsy
shoes-saltwater sandals, clever nettle, etsy

15 comments:

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

What a lovely dress! Is this the one that kept exposing you? ;)
That is so sweet that she gave you the dress!

Julie said...

Gorgeous! Hope everyone is ok!

Catherine said...

You look amazing ( i keep repeating it, sorry, but it's just.. true! )
I hope you're allright! x catherine-oneway.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

you look so good in florals! that dress is perfect on you. i love the cut o fit and the frayed edges give it a little edge. nice!
and i'm with you on being over this weather! we are bracing ourselves for our round this afternoon. it's such a scary and helpless feeling. keep sipping that wine and stay safe, dear! xoxo

islabell said...

oh no, i hope everything is ok. That sounds so scary.

I live in a rickety old house in San Francisco which has survived all the earth quakes, so I like to think it would survive another.

What a sweet treat that dress was...90's revival! ha.
I love the frayed edges
x

KristiMcMurry said...

That dress is just adorable on you! Sorry your weather is so crappy :( We're getting it tonight it seems. Luckily I'll be at my parent's house with a basement. There's really nothing I hate more than tornadoes. Better pack my tornado bag!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

Trust in God. If something happens, at least you know where you'll end up. If your home gets destroyed He will provide, but I know that will be a really tough thing to have to go through. I think that a tornado can probably go and grab anything but I don't know much about them so maybe not. haha. I love this outfit on you. The length is perfect!!! Really pretty. I don't like 90s clothes, but you make it all beautiful.

Kimberellie said...

Hey, you look completely lovely. This dress is adorable on you. And your family is in our thoughts and prayers! Be safe and close your darn windows!!!

much love: K

Lucy, Dear Fish said...

I'm worried about you lady! I really hope that you're ok!
You look pretty and so stylish as always!

Gabrielle said...

Yeesh! Tornados fascinate me just about as much as they terrify me! Stay safe!

That dress is so adorable. I love everything about it... the shape, the colors. I really like the girly look on you :) I bet it'd be sweet if you wore a light denim jacket/vest with it! Best of both worlds!

C said...

I've never been a florals person, either. I like it on other people, but I've never found a print or cut that really works on me. This dress may be the exception, though. I ADORE it! So pretty on you.

I hope you guys made it through the crazy storms. Sounds like the red wine helped. :)

Coury Combs said...

I haven't been here in a few days...you're knocking out the cute outfits like there's no tomorrow! :)

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

you look beautiful in florals. and i don't think it's too girly at all. i'm glad you're staying safe from the storms. we've had a few warnings, but it's not amounted to anything other than precautionary sirens, as well. xo.

Anna said...

Love the floral! I'm just getting into the more girly items myself. I've always been a jeans and a t-shirt girl. But now I'm finding that dresses and florals are attracting me!

Be safe!

The Semi Sweet said...

You always look great, but that floral dress is super pretty on you!! Those storms have been something haven't they?