Monday, January 31, 2011

i worked hard and sacrificed

shop
song of the day: 'independent woman' by destiny's child
i hope you all had a great weekend! we went to visit my parents and finally have christmas with them. that was super fun. isaiah got some really cool games and movies. my dad picked out a gorgeous sweater for me and matt and i both got money to spend. we are pretty pumped about that. it actually works out great to have christmas a month later. spreads out the cheer ya know?
shop
so on friday, i kinda took some outfit pics in my shop. a lot of you had been asking about what it looks like and even though i've done a post on it before, it changes all the time so i thought it time for an update.
shop
shop
shop
my shop is a lot like my house. it's not perfect or super girly and sweet. it's more eclectic and quirky and most definitely doesn't take itself too seriously. and i love it :)
shop
shop
shop
shop
this is where matilda spends most of her days when she's not out on the town. i have some great windows (which are a little dirty right now because my window washer is lazy) and they bring in a ton of natural light and give me plenty of display space.
shop
shop
details:
dress-vintage, little ocean annie on etsy
sweater-bought new at banana republic like 10 years ago, you can see the holes in it, but i can't get rid of it.
socks-walmart
loafers-cole haan, thrifted

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE ur shop! gorgeous!!

Love those shoes uv got on too! xx

C said...

I love that you took your outfit pictures in the shop! It looks so cozy and homey. I totally want to spend the afternoon there. Your outfit is fantastic, too.

Oh, and I SO want another Christmas!!

sib said...

cute dress.. :)


xx claudia
www.cla-sib.blogspot.com

the other emily said...

I always love hearing about/seeing more of your shop, it seems like such a dream job to me (although I'm sure there's a lot more work to it than I realize!). It looks like you've got some great furniture in there as well as gorgeous clothes - I spy one, maybe two Eames chairs!
the other emily

Nicole Martin said...

Your shop is so cute! I could definitely do some damage on my wallet there ;)

~Nicole

The Semi Sweet said...

If I ever get a chance to do a roadtrip I want to visit your shop!! It's so cute inside:) and that dress is super adorable.

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

aww that dress looks great on you!! I love how you dress and put things together. You're someone who stands on her own!

archives vintage said...

yay for late xmas!!!!

i LOVE seeing the inside of your shop! cant wait to see it IN PERSON! SO SOON!!!!!!!! :D

chicfaced said...

Got a long winded multi-post comment for you!

yay! more shop photos! you've got such super tall ceilings. Speaking of window washers - mine is incredibly hot. Like, intimidating, Tom Cruise grin, muscle-y, tan with perfectly messy hair. If there are girls in the shop when he comes in, they always end up giggling and whispering to each other. :)

Also....those plaid capes few posts down are TDF. And I love that outfit Matilda is wearing with the dress and shirt over it is awesome.

p.s. Matchbox 20 used to be my favorite band. I would lay on my room floor with the CD liner and read the lyrics while I listened to the songs over and over again.

Anonymous said...

the shop looks like a delightful space and I love the small town view out of your display window. I keep imagining that one day I will actually visit your shop when we go to visit my brother in Bentonville.

Veronika Novotny said...

Love everything about this beautiful outfit, and how amazing is it that you have a vintage shop. That's just fab! Great to find your blog, lot's of lovely outfits; off to follow on bloglovin. xx veronika

tm said...

your shop looks awesome, and very inspiring. i would love to open up a vintage shop someday...

Isabella Kiss said...

nice outfit. the print on the dress is really fun.

ashleyn said...

I really enjoy seeing your shop! You've really done well for yourself. Do you work it on your own? Its a cute quirky place... I am glad you shared it! The song choice is perfect as well.