Thursday, December 8, 2011

leopard coat

12.7
i kinda felt like a fancy old lady in my fuzzy leopard dresscoat and fur.  and i kinda liked it.  it really sells the old lady bit when i step into a 1983 mercedes benz and drive around town.  now if only i could find a driver......
anyway, i found this coat whilst perusing the thrift store racks last week.  the most interesting thing about it isn't that it was obviously handmade, but that the maker didn't even finish it before donating!  pinned to the coat were the buttons and the pockets.  it's like she just got bored and said, 'screw it! this thing is going to salvation army.'  hey, her loss is my gain.  plus it's endearing to me that someone would give up on a project.  reminds me a bit of myself.  and i probably won't ever finish the job.  i think the original owner would be proud.
12.7
12.7
12.7
12.7
details:
coat-handmade, thrift
fur collar-vintage, etsy
sweater-thrift
jeans-gap, thrift
boots-h by hudson, ebay

No comments: