Sunday, October 9, 2011

titus task

shirt
yesterday morning i ran in the titus task 5k.  the start was literally right outside my door!  it was such a fun atmosphere with music and vendors, sidewalk chalk and door prizes.  and it was all for the pursuit of a future for orphans.  
the weather was GORGEOUS.  mid-60s and sunny and pretty much perfect.  matt was the lead out cyclist to make sure we kept on the route.  the kid who won was only 14 and finished in 17 minutes!  i was impressed.  i didn't meet my goal of first overall female, i came in second AGAIN.  but i won my age division and finished in 24:16.  i felt good at the end and generally happy with how i ran.  and really, i'm not a fast runner so i think i did pretty well for a 31 year old lady :)
Titus Task
the banner over broadway.  my loft is on the right a couple buildings down.
age group medal
30-34 age division winner!!! woot woot!!!
me and Meghan
my beautiful friend meghan who won her age group too.  the younger age group :)
rubber chicken relay
people lined up to participate in the rubber chicken relay.  so cute.

No comments: