on friday, mel from idee geniale tagged me with the happy blogger award. i was so flattered because i think she is so totally cool and i think that we should hang out one of these days. like in june. i'll be in new york in june, mel! just keep that in mind, k?
so here are 10 things that make me happy (with the exception of this blog and all of you because that would be way more than 10).
1) my boys. matt (my husband and the bigger one) is so amazing. he is my best friend and i'm not sure what i'd do without him. he takes care of me, makes me laugh, and he thinks i'm cute. isaiah (fruit of my loins and the smaller one) is five and crazy. he's adorable, a handful, sweet, and everything i could want in a son.
2) running. after having isaiah, i really had a hard time and i dealt with some depression. running helped me find myself again. it was something i did for me, no one else. it's something i look forward to each day. like today, i ran in the snow and slush with sleet pelting my face. it was great. the picture above is the finish of my second marathon in memphis. don't let the time fool you. i actually finished with an official time of 4 hours and 42 minutes.
3) my house. when we first saw this place is was one empty space and we got to design it from nothing, no walls, no electricity, no heat, no air. this was a labor of love. well, others labored but it was my vision! anyway, we are the first in our little town to live in a loft space above a business so we feel a bit like pioneers. we are definitely living our dream in this place.
4) bubble baths. i love my clawfoot tub and i take bubble baths almost every night before bed. it is a small luxury that i can indulge in and i can't live without it!
5) books. interestingly enough, i have an english degree. obviously i'm not using it nor am i using my advanced grammar skillz. anyway, i love to read. this is my favorite book of all time. i've read it three times and no it is not intellectual but all about time travel, love, and scottish men in kilts.
6) travel. sometimes you just have to get the heck out of town. i love to travel and see new places. really get to know a culture and not just stay in a resort or see the highlights. this picture is from our trip to guatemala last year to visit some friends. we were at the fab rooftop bar drinking wine and watching the sun set. it was gorgeous.
7) my car. her name is pauli girl and she's a 1984 benz that runs on used veggie oil. i feel like a rich old lady driving her around town.
8) the beach. more specifically, the beach in the summer (this was taken in florida when we went for christmas. the in-laws live there). i'm not a super ocean fan but i love sitting on the sand and getting a tan. i love to be hot.
9) steak, wine and hot sauce. i'm not sure this really even needs an explanation.
10) football. i love me some football, especially the new england patriots. we are super fans. isaiah and i got these jerseys for christmas and we wore them proudly until the stupid ravens beat them in the play-offs (sorry, but it's upsetting). anyway, sundays and monday nights are sacred around this house.
so now i'm going to tag a few others. i hope you don't feel obligated but i'm tagging you because i'd like to get to know you ladies a bit more. i hope you all enjoyed reading a lot of personal things about me. now here they are (by blog name):